Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I might have to paint my armor yellow now…since you seem to think I’m a taxi.” He said, smiling as he carried her.

“Anyway, I’m gonna do a few things first then I’ll help figure out whatever we have planned.” She said, leaving the group.

1 Like

Mary smiled. “Mom, can we cuddle?” Mary asked.

Joanna giggled. "I’m pregnant. Not you "

1 Like

“Yeah, gotta Blame myself for that one then…though-actually no, I don’t need to get into any more trouble.” He said, trying not to smile.

Kailtynn walked into her room and sat down at her desk, she pulled out her medkit and opened it, digging to the bottom of it to pull out Samuels notebook, where she had kept it for safe keeping, she sat it down on the desk and stared at it, before laying her head down on it, crying as she hugged it. “God ■■■■■■ Samuel…why you?” She sobbed quietly.

2 Likes

Sarah nodded as they arrived to the room. She hugged Mary tightly.

2 Likes

Catina nodded. “Let’s leave this prowler, and go back to our room.” She said as she put Hermes chip back in her helmet.

1 Like

Joanna chuckled in his arms.

Mary attached herself to Sarah

“Okay babe…” Aries said. “C-can you carry me?”

1 Like

He carried her into the room and sat her down, before going over to his desk, pulling out a drawer. “You like MRE’s?” He asked, seeing it was all he had.

1 Like

“N-not really…” Joanna said.

“Well, we are all cordially invited to our dear little Mary’s birthday party.” Sky said.

“Well ■■■■…it’s about all I got.” He sighed.

Kaitlynn picked herself up and wiped the tears away, grabbing the bottle from her stash and pouring herself a drink, doing the only thing she knew how to deal with her sadness, just drown her sorrows in alcohol.

1 Like

“Goodbye, for now.” Sovekus ended call. He continued walking with his box.

1 Like

“Th-that’s fine…” Joanna said. “I just want to lay down.” Joanna said.

Tom smiled at his work. He had somehow with Andy’s help turn the mess hall into a nice looking diner, but not only that, they had streamers, as well as little Happy Birthday Mary signs around the room. He was unsure what she liked, but figured having a piano, which was for some reason on his ship, for some of his more musically gifted Spartans could play would go a long way. Oh! And he had gotten Ambrose and the Vulcans secret help, enlisting them in the task of cooking the food for the occasion. It wasn’t the best, but he hoped Mary would be pleased. Then he realized there weren’t any kids for Mary to play with at her party, that there were no friends for her, no one he could invite except for Grace, Sarah, and Leo. So he figured he’d invite the whole of Daylight while he went to finish the last thing Andy and himself had worked on that day.

2 Likes

A note slipped under Zoryas door as he laid face down on his bed. Zorya looked up to see the letter and fidgeted around with his hands trying to open it. “Stupid hands!” He growled as he got his energy sword out of frustration and brought it closely to the letter, it caught on fire as Zorya dropped it out of fear. He stomped on it killing the fire and tried to salvage what was left, the note read as followed- @squeaverking

4 Likes

"Catina nodded, and picked Aries up then started walking. “I hope you won’t mind me staying in my armor for a little while. I only feel like lying in bed for now anyway.”

1 Like

Blake heard a ping on his datapad and went to check it. “Hey, There throwing a birthday party for…who’s Mary?” He asked confused.

Kaitlynn checked her datapad after hearing the ping. She put her glass down and began to read it. “Awww, happy birthday kiddo.” She said, letting a small smile form on her face.

1 Like

“You are cordially invited to Mary Sanchez’ 5th Birthday Party! Be there or be square by 7pm, so in about an hour from me writing these!” Tom had written.

“Isn’t that Sarah’s kid?” Joanna asked.

2 Likes

“Wait…Sarah has a, oh yeah I forgot.” He said before realizing who she was.

Kailtynn put her drink away and cleaned herself up real quick, making her way down to the messhall.

2 Likes

Zorya read the letter as he put it down on his nightstand. A party? Should I go he thought to himself as he looked at himself in the mirror covered in blood.
Fine, only because I’m hungry he thought as his stomach grumbled. But I cannot go like this though, I am a mess he thought as he opened his bathroom door and looked at the shower “hmmmm” he said as thought of an idea.

2 Likes

Sarah washed Mary and then took a shower. She dressed her in a nice dress. She quickly put on clothes as well. “Ready?”

Leo looked at his data pad and nodded. “Alright… I’ll go soon.”

2 Likes

Catina heard the ping on her Data Pad, and sort of regretted having Hermes’ chip in her helmet. “A message.” She deadpanned while she cradled Aries in her arms. “I’ll check in as soon as I get us back to our room. Unless you can pick it up while I carry you.”

1 Like

Sovekus arrived at Scarlett’s room. He gently opened the door and entered. Scarlett was sitting in her bed, reading a book on a datapad. She looked up and smiled.

“How did it go?” She asked.

“Poorly” Sovekus answered. He gently put down the box “Catina disrespected the Kaidon and started a fight in front of him. In protecting her Kyanna has been struck from all records and banished from her home. Rifts have formed within Daylight that may never be healed.”

“if only R…” Scarlett trailed off and looked down. Tears began rolling from her eyes “If he had been there…”

Sovekus also looked to the floor, heavy silence hanging around them.

4 Likes