Halo: Two Hours

“if some of us somehow survive this, shoot the civilian next time” Lorraine said as she was out of BR ammo so she pulled out her SMG and shreaded through a crowd of grunts, an elite grabbed her by the neck and lifted her up, she quickly grabbed her knife and pushed it down the elites exposed throat. The elite dropped it’s sword and Lorraine grabbed it, the handle was oversized for her, she held it with two hands as she plunged it into the elites chest then retrieved her knife.

She turned as she heard a scream behind her, to see a red elite cut an ODST in half and standing on a pile of bodies. Lorraine recognized the soldiers, they were her squad, the one the elite had killed was their combat medic mereneze. She charged for the elite and it turned, it disarmed her without any effort, the blade flew from her hands and it cut off the second finger on the elites hand. The elite roared and she dodged it’s swing by mere inches. She dove under it’s legs and climbed up it’s back as she stabbed her knife into the Elites right eye. It let out a blood curdling scream as it threw her onto the ground, it dropped it’s sword in anger and smashed it’s hoof onto her chest. It held her onto the ground and bent down. The elite ripped her right arm off and formed the decrepit hand into a fist. With a loud roar it punched her arm through her visor, smashing her face and killing her. The elite retrieved their sword and cloaked, disappearing as it had its fill for blood satisfied.

3 Likes

The remaining Marines were quickly gunned down. A smoking helmet rolled toward a golden Elite, who crushed the helmet with its foot.

“Foxtrot 4728 has been acquired, Gallegos.” The civilian said as he arrived at Shepard II.

“Finally. Now proper training can commence.” Gallegos said.

“Kholo was attacked by the Covenant. I think it’s been glassed.” The civilian replied.

“I’ll notify Chairman Cornelius. You know where to put him.” Gallegos replied.

“They took me from this planet. Ripped me from my family. My childhood. Now they have taken my new family… My truest love… You will die.” 4728 said. He raised his fists, and so did Sky.

“I’ve had enough talking.” Sky growled.

“And so have I, so here’s my proposition. A one on one, me vs. you. If I win, I go with my renegades. If you win, we come quietly. And if your guys try anything, I’ve got the greatest sniper around, who could drop at least four of you before he goes down, not taking into account the others of my best group of fighters.” He pauses. “So, what do you say? No more blood, for a simple one on one?” 4728 asks.

Sky looks to her team, and back to 4728.

“I hope you choose the right decision.” 4728 says.

I’ll do it." Sky said, not even hesitating to respond.

“Sky-” Grace started, reaching for her

“Only to honor his dying wish!” She shouted, running at him, shotgun raised.

“So that’s how we’re doing it…” 4728 said, firing his DMR several times as the Spartan IV Foxtrot charged across the small field, a no man’s land between the two teams, seeming like mere feet at the moment. Sky fired her shotgun as her shield broke when she reached the Spartan’s rogue leader. This took out the Spartan III Foxtrot’s shield, and the shell threatened to pierce his titanium alloy armor. Sky pumped the shotgun, preparing to finish him off with a second shot, but being finished off so easily wasn’t what either Spartan would do. He grabbed the shotgun, and threw it from her arms, landing too far for Sky to reach. He kicked her back a few feet. He threw his DMR to the side and raised his Magnum. His armor sparked as it desperately attempted to recharge. Sky got up into a crouch, shaking the kick off as if it were nothing. 4728 walked forward, the Magnum Pistol trained on her head.

“Stand down.” 4728 said softly as he got closer and closer.

“Never!” Sky combined her fists and swung them upward. It collided with the bottom side of 4728’s helmet, sent him flying backward, and knocked the pistol from his grip. The force of the hit cracked his visor, caused it to malfunction, making several status readings disappear to keep the suit running as optimally as possible. He hit the ground with a loud thud. Sky got up and began walking for her shotgun.

There was a horrible sting on 4728’s face. He growled as his shield recharged, making him shine gold as, like a mirror to previous events, Sky advanced toward him, in a slow, an agonizingly slow walk.

“You’ve got this! Do it for Kholo!” Robert shouted. The encouragement brought a second wind with it, and 4728 rose to face the woman with fists balled at his sides.

“Next time, that shotgun is…” 4728 paused to cough, clearing his throat. “…getting shoved down your throat.” He finished. He was disguising that he wasn’t weakened by the hit. Sky inched closer, the two circling each other. 4728 had his arms raised.

“Next time? There won’t be a next time.” Sky said, lunging at him. 4728 attempted to dodge, but was hit in the stomach with half the blast of her shotgun, which would have been a kill blow had she not prematurely fired. 4728 clutched his side as he spun rapidly to push Sky to the ground.

“I guess it really is just propaganda about you Spartan IV Foxtrots.” 4728 half laughed half grunted in pain.

“Your cracked visor says otherwise.” Sky saw through the lie like glass. She jumped up and punched him, tearing some non-essential pieces of armor on his helmet. She threw another punch, but 4728 blocked, and fired a punch right back at her, which met the obnoxious piece of her helmet jutting out like binoculars. It sent her back a few steps. A fist shaped dent could be seen in the armor piece. Sky fought back harder, sending a powerful underhand hit into 4728’s side, with help of a thruster. 4728 went to a knee, pushed her back, and held a hand to his side.

“That’s gonna hurt in the morning…” He groaned. Sky kicked off the ground and hit him in the face again as he regained his stance. The hit broke the top of the visor, leaving shards in the bottom, rendering it unusable. The flashlight mounted at the top was busted as well, but no use would come of it anyway. His armor functions wouldn’t do much in a fist fight.

“Dodge this!” Sky shouted, throwing a knife which hit him in the shoulder. He staggered backward, but didn’t fall. In his momentary recovery, Sky kicked him down, throwing him a foot away.

“Ugh, save it. You know you won’t beat me.” 4728 spat as he, with one fist, did an uppercut, knocking Sky’s helmet off, revealing her bruised face. He tore the knife from his shoulder.

3 Likes

“Come on Sky. Kick his ■■■.” Catina said as she stood watching. Blood dripping from the multiple gunshot wounds to her arms and legs, that she used to protect her baby bump from being shot, and left a lot of dings in her chest plate.

“Keep in mind him and his Spartans were specifically targeting the unborn children Aries and I both carry.”

1 Like

“Sky…?” 4728 asked, walking forward. He tore his own helmet off, before he was unable to continue forward, his legs giving out beneath him. “It’s Tom…”

Sky stopped for a moment. “No. You’re dead.” Sky said, raising her shotgun.

“I was taken as a child… During that d*mn battle…” Tom said. He fell to his knees, sitting upon them as he stared up, past her barrel, and into her eyes. “You killed my Cassandra…” He growled. “So kill me, too…”

Sky dropped her weapon. “Tom!” She cried out, hugging him.

1 Like