Hermes - Messenger of the Gods

Through history this son of Zeus has been known by many names - Apollo, Mercury, Hermes.

As one of the 12 Olympian Gods, he presided over trade, thieves, travelers, sports, athletes, and border crossings.

Hermes was known to be quick and cunning and had the ability to freely move between the mortal and divine worlds. It is this skill that made him a luck-bringing messenger to the gods and liaison between mortals and the divine.

Sword

Axe

Back

Prisma

40 Likes

This is pretty cool. Interesting use of Nex’ helmet. It’s also been quite the while since I saw someone use a Knights Kingdom head on a MOC.

2 Likes

Thanks guy. I posted another one the other day. Odysseus:

I’ve got 2 more Knights’ helmets I plan to use in future MOCs.

1 Like

The first thing that immediately stood out to me were the colors. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a MOC that uses orange and green together and this here really shows how well the two work together. Your usage of Nex’s tiger helmet is interesting, though it isn’t something I’d imagine Hermes wielding- moreso Hercules. The helmet choice is another part I really enjoy here; the playful grin really fitting Hermes character. Overall I highly enjoy the outcome of this MOC and would love to see more MOCs based around the Greek gods.

1 Like

0/10 not enuff flying shoes

I don’t like the Hero Core, it breaks the theme. The shield thing looks nice tho.

H for Hermes

Has a really nice visual appeal to it.

1 Like

I love it. ^.^

The last picture is great.

1 Like

Nice MOC! I like the Knights Kingdom helmet. By the way:

Apollo is not just an another name for Hermes. He’s a totally different god.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Hermes have wings I on his sandles. And a staff. And what about the missing able or helix imagery.

Also, I noticed something. Lewa mask, 1.0 light mode

1 Like

It looks like you’re right. My bad. I should know that from playing Smite too.

@SonicBionicleMaster Everyone keeps pointing that out about the sandals. Thanks for the feedback though. But I wasn’t going for the speedy version most often attributed to Mercury. Other artists have depicted Hermes as a swashbuckling warrior.

2 Likes