How have your art skills progressed over time?

I posted my art here 2 years ago, and I’ve changed a lot since then
2016:

2018:

I don’t really have any more scans of recent stuff

6 Likes

Well I don’t draw (at least not anymore.) but I’d say my modeling skills have improved

From straight repaints to kitbashed customs.

My most recent two are even built to combine

2 Likes

I have a model kit that I’m actually in the middle of painting. Could you give me any tips?

Pure painting or adding stuff like mine? Clean or damaged? It’s hard to help if I’m not sure what you’re doing or whether it’s built or not.

yo that ekimu looks rad as heck.

Edited for language - Cocoa

1 Like

Thanks, man!

Well, a few years ago I didn’t draw.at all. Now, I draw much more frequently.
and fairly well, considering my lack of decent tools.

I mean, I’m not really the greatest artist in the world (or even in this thread), but I certainly feel very proud for what I managed to train art-wise.

Like, here’s Lhikan from mid 2014:

And here’s a recent thing I posted on the forums:

I feel quite happy viewing the road I’ve come, despite not really being the visual art kinda guy to begin with. I may not be the best, but I still feel proud. And I think everyone else should also be proud for what the skills they’ve gathered, cuz there are some MENTAL stuff you guys put in here, so give yourself a pat on the back, cuz you deserve it C:

8 Likes

aw that’s cool i love all the shading on it and the mask

I totally forgot about this topic, I don’t feel like I’ve gotten any better at hand drawn stuff in the past year but I think I’ve made enough progress with digital art that it’d be worth posting in here.

I don’t really have any better reference than just the drawing in the first post in this topic, I unfortunately don’t have any of my old stuff on my computer, but the most recent stuff I have on my computer and actually as it turns out, the only serious digital stuff I’ve done this whole year are these two:

This one was June this year, I think.

And this one was in July

And again I don’t have anything to compare with that’s even slightly more recent than the art in the first post of this topic, but looking at that with these two I like how I’ve come along, I just need to do digital stuff more often. The year is almost over and I’ve just done two digital draws this year.

12 Likes

I has pics now.

So this was earlier, maybe in august.

And this was earlier this month.

I find that I progressed extremely fast, for some reason. Not that I’m upset about it. I like drawing half-decent things. I’ll get better as i go on, though. (Duh.)

2 Likes

forever ago:

ghidthebest

more recently:

I’ve gotten worse

2 Likes

They haven’t, why?

@Ghid no I was responding to the topic as a whole

Edited for Double Post- Prentice1215

I’m just glad he’s still proud enough of it to post it. I still use it for profile images places.

Still great work, Crunchy.

Just be glad that I don’t have any images of my older drawings, since they’re… sup-par to say the least…

Anyway, here’s the first drawing I posted here, and the proportions definitely needed a lot of work…

My most recent drawing is a piece of concept art for my custom Pantoran Jedi:

I’m satisfied with how it turned out, though I couldn’t be bothered to draw her eyes, so I “cheated” by drawing her with her eyes closed. Also, I’ve done a few alterations to the drawing, like fixing the nose and left eye, though I haven’t gotten around to taking a picture of the drawing.

Overall, I’d say that I’ve been improving, but I still despise drawing eyes (and I don’t like drawing hands, either)…

1 Like

I’d say I’ve progressed some

9 Likes

none of these are drawings of ghid, you have failed

3 Likes

Not at all but thanks for asking

Perhaps my favourite thing ever is seeing this sort of art progression. Also, very nice touch of the cloth over the shoulder! Has tons of personality. Actually, this whole character is just really nice to look at.

There is one common thread here.

2 Likes

Eh… I’ve been “drawing” these since a time before time. Mostly doodles on whatever paper was readily available. Obviously y’all blow my 5 min freehands right out of the water lol. These three are from 2011 and 2015-16. Kinda plateaued I guess.

4 Likes