I hate my job.

Everyone has that job they hate. Mine is frying chicken. I hate it because our employer is too cheap to fix anything unless absolutely necessary. Otherwise he just makes do some painful bootleg ductape-and-booger workaround.

6 Likes

I’m a night ■■■■■ mall janitor.

That is all.

1 Like

atleast you guys have a job,

5 Likes

I disliked being a lifeguard, but I’ve moved on since then

I want a job so badly I would do any of these

Not really a job per se, but I pretty much used to be known as the “muscle” of our house when I lived up in NH. So while my sister got to sit around on her butt and do absolutely nothing, I was the guy who would need to go help move around furniture and appliances (think stoves, refrigerators, and hot water heaters), keep our kitchen stocked with firewood in the winter, despite residing in the number one contender for the America’s Draftiest House Award (an old summer place with no insulation whatsoever), and trek all the way up and down the hills in our backyard just to fetch a bucket of water from our brook everytime someone wanted to flush the toilet for the first three to four years or so.
But the worst thing I ever had to do probably goes to having to help my dad dig up and fix his homemade septic tank (yes, you read that correctly) by hand during the middle of winter when a pipe froze, created a clog, and started causing everything to spew back out into our basement and the floorboards of our living room.
And I never once got paid for any of it, except for the occasions when I didn’t want to help out, if you consider getting myself grounded and constantly berated for “being a lazy #######” as payment. Fun times.

4 Likes

I don’t hate my job, I loved working in the Print Shop, all making T-shirts for Businesses.

At least you ha-

Kapura’d

3 Likes

I had a pretty crappy job earlier this year, I had to work as a game manager for a carnival. That might not sound so bad to a lot of people but you basically just stand there, and do almost nothing other than scan people’s wrist bands and repeat the same sentences explaining how the game works (and think in my head how much of rip off most of them are). Every now and then you might clean something up for your game, but yeah, it was bad. On top of that, a lot of the people I worked with were pretty sketchy to say the least, ranging from an ex-convict and this creepy girl who was hitting on me.

All in all it was a lousy job but I got money so in the end everything was ok.

I was desperate too. And then I learned getting kicked, food thrown at me, having dumpster fluids spill all over me, walking an accumulated 10 miles per â– â– â– â– â– , dealing with thieves, actual Neo-Nazis, people spearing feces behind toilets and stuffing both rolls of paper down the toilet for 8 hours as I hear nothing but Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Rick Astley, and NSYNC all for $9 an hour really sucks.

Desperation makes you do things you shouldn’t

6 Likes

I hate burning myself from clumsiness, getting welders flash, grinding metal for hours, seeing the time pass so slowly, but money is money.

1 Like

I hate being a pot washer, but its money so its good enough I guess

I am happy I am too young to work.

1 Like

Hm… I could really need some money, too, but I wouldn’t do any job. University also keeps me kinda busy.

My only experiences up to now were once working two weeks in my town’s zoo and working 12 weeks in a plant nursery. Didn’t get money for either of these, though, since the first I had to do as part of 10th grade in school and the other I had to do for university to prove “practical knowledge”.

The zoo thing actually was kinda fun, I guess, although it mostly involved cleaning up behind the animals - llama feces are still the worst thing I’ve ever smelled. Since there was way too much personnel - two zoo keepers, one trainee and three guys from school (me included) - I was finished for the day like four hours earlier than if I had had school, though. And that I definitely appreciated.

The plant nursery thing was similar in that it mostly consisted of one thing - plucking weeds. The first thing I was told when I started out was - “you see that lawn?” “You mean that congregation of all kinds of plants that reachs up to my chest?” “Yeah, get rid of it, we want to plant something new there” So I spent the first week pulling out every single plant by hand. Then I had to dig it over. Turned out that about 10 cm below the ground there was cobblestone. So I had to dig that up. I also found handfulls of plastic needles and remains of asbestos plates. At another site of the plant nursery I also found lots of chicken bones and even a duck beak in the ground.
I also quickly learned to only clean up my own tools. Another volunteer there once decided to empty a bucket that had been standing around for some days. It was full of weeds - or so it seemed. Turned out under those weeds had been a dead chicken. And I guess you can somewhat imagine how that looked after all those days in the sun… or rather, how much of it had returned to life again.

I work at a fast food place. Kinda sucks.

What I hate about my job, is that I have been in the application process for a month now, and it’s going to be about a month before I am officially enrolled

I hate the job that I don’t have.

2 Likes

Zaxby’s? Wait no, KFC? McD’s?

1 Like

Nope, just a regular mall janitor

1 Like