I Review Creepypastas (Closed)

So I’ve been listening to alot of creepypasta type stories, and to be honest… they suck.
So please recommend me some good creepypastas.

Please do not recommend me “bad” creepypastas, because if you do I’ll just say that’s a bad creepypasta and be on my way. But if you recommend me half decent ones then I can at least say what I like and dislike about it.

I will give the creepypasta up to 15 points based on these 3 things:
1.Originality - A creepypasta while not requiring originality to be good, gets extra points for this.Especially when originality is hard to have with how many creepypastas there are now.
2.Creepy-ness- Isn’t that the point of a creepypasta, to be creepy?
3.Build Up- Because a creepypasta is only as good as its end.

3 pastas down infinite to go:

Click the arrow pointing up to go to the post!
The Wyoming Incident

The Russian Sleep Experiment

Knocking Girl

3 Likes

You’ve obviously not been listening to good ones.

2 Likes

@Invader, yeah there is some good ones but the ratio between good and bad is 99 to 1.

“17 missed calls from Mom”

“Your alarm is set to PM instead of AM” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I found the Wyoming Incident somewhat fascinating. It even has its own video to go with it.

“The Russian Sleep Experiment” and “Ben Drowned” still give me the creeps

1 Like

I had chills for days. Still do.

1 Like

@Stoax After listeng to it, I feel kinda meh. It doesn’t really have any creepy-ness at least not in my opinion. Yeah the idea is interesting, but the story felt kinda lackluster, like there is something missing. I get that its a short creepypasta that’s supposed to present a sort of idea: What if tv news was hacked? (I know its been done before). But it just leaves me wondering how this affects me. Yeah the guy is still on the lose, but come on all he did was hack something, he’s not exactly the most threatening person ever. (Oh and floating heads, really?) I don’t know the “message” behind the creepypasta but neither would anyone else who had just listened to it. Of course this is all my own opinion so take it as you will.
Final rating 1/5 for creepy-ness, 3/5 for originality, and 0/5 for build up.
(I’m totally not copying @ven.)

That’s because a lot of them ARE trash. They lack originality most of the time. The most popular ones I usually dislike.

1 Like

BLOOD, GUTS, FECES, CANNIBALIZATION! Shock value, that is what the Russian Sleep Experiment is. This story is disgusting. Does it add to the story? No. Is it important to the story? No. I wanted to like this story, I really did. Keeping people awake is a really original idea that has a lot of places to go.But no. Instead I get a blood filled shock value pasta. Oh and the ending was alright.

0/5 for creepy-ness. 4/5 for originality. 1/5 Build up.100/100 for shock value.

KEEP CUTTING.

1 Like

The problems with creepypastas is that they try to be scary but don’t grasp proper horror. They’re meant to shock you or make you feel uneasy, but it’s not proper horror.

1 Like

http://trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Bionicle
You should review this one
:stuck_out_tongue:

@Chronicler but that’s the question, whats proper horror? We live in a world where horror movies are made by the dozen. With so many it dulls the effect, horror pretty much no longer works because we’ve already seen it 3 (or more) times before. The same applies to creepypastas, their churned out at such a rate that they no longer have any originality (and don’t get me started on the rest of the problems).

@Mrblackpants Sure as soon as I have time I will. (It looks top-notch.)
Edit: Just realized its a trollpasta, sorry but I’d rather spend my time hating on stuff that’s unintentionally bad. /s

2 Likes

Horror, to me, is what makes you feel unpleasant and you become fearful of something. Like a monster for example. There’s a reason why monsters in media become more and more scary. It’s supposed to be gut-wrenching. Disturbing. We’re supposed to feel that way.

Creepypastas just leave me with bad thoughts in my head.

1 Like

@Chronicler I completely agree with the first half.
But I have to ask, what does “bad thoughts” entail?

Basically what could happen in real life if I got hurt or something.

@Chronicler Well, isn’t that what there made to do, Cause paranoia?
I mean most of them suck at it but still.

I think the goal of horror is to disturb you, not cause paranoia.

I will recommend “The knocking Girl” to you. It’s my favorite one that I’ve read.

~W12~

@21sselliW I actually quite enjoyed that one, even if the whole him surviving to adulthood seems extremely unbelievable.

Here’s the full review:

@21sselliW I’m just gonna get out of the way what I didn’t like about this creepypasta, so I can get to why this story is so great. The monster is bland, she’s just no jaw zombie giraffe girl. The end: Your gonna let the monster kill you. Really? If its such a big deal just kill yourself, don’t let giraffe girl kill you. And seriously how did he survive until now? I mean this monster seems pretty set on getting him, I think its a bit of a stretch to think he survived until now. With those things out of the way lets get to the good stuff: IZ SO CREEPY. That’s all I can really say. It nicely blends creep with mystery to create a delicious Oreo milkshake.

Creepy-ness 4/5 (Giraffe girl subtracts a point.) Originality 3/5 Build up 0/5.

This is a creepypasta I can recommend.