If Bionicle would ever return, what are your ideas for the come back?

I assume you don’t literally mean that Bionicle should have never been made in the first place, but that’s kinda what it sounds like you’re saying…

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Got sick :stuck_out_tongue:

Anywho, yes I meant to write that.

I got into Bionicle with the Spherous Magna arc and gradually got more into it as time went on. I know for a fact that G1 wasn’t too complicated for new fans.

Also comparing a half finished serial to a fully finished book isn’t a fair comparison. If you were to compare Time Trap to say Sahmad’s Tale I would say the writing hadn’t changed much.

If they had made a Star Trek reboot or made it like the Ultimates from Marvel I would have been fine, but G2’s story is a half baked mess.

Sorry but you don’t know that, that’s like saying I know for a fact That if G1 continued the next however many years would have been greatest years of all time. You honestly don’t know that, you can’t say for certain that you know what all new fans. Were thinking when it came to the complexity of the lore.

1 Like

I know myself as a new fan in 2009 got along fine. I will also state for the record that I was nine at the time.

Yea I get you understood it you’re speaking for yourself, but you don’t speak for everyone else. Unless you have gone and individually asked every fan who became a fan of g1 during 08-09 and after, if they thought the story was hard to catch up on. Due to all the characters they have to remember, all the locations, terminology, masks, etc. What you are saying is not a fact just an opinion just because you found it easy to follow doesn’t mean everyone else did. Now we’re off topic so I’m going to end it with that.

1 Like

I believe this is sort of something like nostalgia that you have for those years.

I got into Bionicle in 2006 and by 2008 I most definitely noticed a difference in quality as a whole.

But, what?

I started with the soft reboot Spherous Magna thing. I went back later and read the rest…

I’d like to see a story focused on Lewa after Bota Magna crashes into the rest of Spherus Magna, and his adventures trying to get back to the rest of the Toa. I think that’d be neat.

And @keiththelegokid, I also got into the story in '09. Tarduk was my first set, and I went back and read the rest later. I think the problem with the soft reboot was that it happened in the middle of the Great Recession, and no one wanted to spend on toys anymore.

1 Like

Been meaning I talk about this but I’m it sure how to go about doing it. I’m not going to make up an entire G3 and basically just post fan fiction here. Rather get the primary points across I want in a G3.

Ideal G3:

As others have said, SYSTEM. Now I am not AT ALL a system fan I the slightest. But I care more about the longevity of the theme and story than building system.

It’d have to be heavily re-worked. First I’m not sure how they’d handle the masks. BIONICLE was built from the ground up for constraction. So they’d need to find a way to keep BIONICLE’s signature (which is masks) but make it work for system. Perhaps as others have suggested linking it to a digital game or app. But it would really allow for the Mask powers to be like G1 with the different abiblities you could get from the game. I’d be nice if they could do larger buildable figures as a side line like the China buildable figures. The

After finding a way to make the theme work as a system theme, we need to talk story. I firmly believe the only way a system BIONICLE could work is if the Toa Nuba are in it. They could be the thing that links each generation and could get G1and G2 fans into the theme as they’re favorite characters would finally get proper minifigs. Than I think then if deal after that is finding a suitable location. Probably not an island since we’ve had that like billion times already.

Ten main conflict and story would than have to be established.

But, something with these ideas is what I’d want from a BIONICLE return. I apologize for spelling errors, typing on a phone is difficult XP.

A brief beginning on how I could see G3’s story going:

On the island of Mata Nui, a lone warrior is here to save those who cannot defend themselves. Protecting the Islands Villagers from corrupted creatures known as Rahi. He was silent, but intelligent, and even while he seemed cold on the outside, on the inside, his ideals are all for the greater good.
He was clad in white armour, his right forearm printed with KOPAKA-02 in bold, black lettering. He wields a blade as fine as the Ice he controls and a shield giving protection to all that is pure. His name is Kopaka: Guardian of Mata Nui, and with his control over the element of Ice and mask of X-ray vision, Kopaka has defended the Island of Mata Nui for several years.
His origin is unkown to him, unsure of what his previous life was like. But with the guidance of the Turaga, 6 elders whom give the Villagers wisdom and hope, he has overcome these thoughts thus far. On a day like any other however, things will change, as a blazing ball of fire hits the island with an incredible force. Little did the villagers, Kopaka and even the Turaga know that this would mark the beginning of a new age on Mata Nui, an age where heroes will rise up to the element of darkness.

• New theme could contain elements from both construction and constraction (forearms would be made of bricks and moveable fingers could be a possibility).

• Each Toa would potentially look similar in build (similar looking armour) but each would have a different stature, e.g. Kopaka would be fairly tall and lanky while Onua would be a giant in both height and width (like his G2 counterpart).

-Storywise, The Toa’s heights are in the following order: Pohatu = 6’7, Lewa = 6’11, Gali = 7’2, Tahu = 7’3, Kopaka = 7’6, Onua = 14’0 (it just felt necessary).

• The Toa would have a Core Colour and a Secondary Colour (Tahu now being Red with some Dark Red).

• Each of the Toa could have their names printed on their right forearms in either Black or white depending on the brightness of their core colours (TAHU-01, KOPAKA-02, ONUA-03, GALI-04, POHATU-05 and LEWA-06).

• The Toa’s personalities would be much more closer to their G1 counterparts (Pohatu being the friendly one again) but there could be some differences (Tahu still being aggressive in battle, but he would have more of a heroic personality and having more of a strategic idea of fighting).

• The story could be much more similar to G1, having it’s dark moments but blancing it out with humour from characters such as Lewa and Pohatu.

• Genders could now be more balanced in each tribe, like in G2.

• Collectables could be reintroduced (mask packs?)

• Elements could have some more differences (Lewa still being a Toa of Jungle, but Pohatu would now control Air, to relate with his speed and thus making Onua being able to control Stone, but still being called a toa of Earth).

• Masks would give some of the Toa new powers (Tahu = Shielding, Gali = Prediction) but some of the toa would only have power increases (Pohatu = naturally fast but mask power would increase his speed tenfold, same would work for Onua and Gali, Onua being naturally super strong but his mask power would make his 10 times stronger and Gali being able to naturally breath underwater, mask power would make her predictions more accutrate than before).

• Kopaka could start off as the main character, but as the Toa are introduced one by one a short time later, Tahu would take role as leader, making Kopaka envious of Tahu.

• Villagers alternative name is Matoran, but Villager would be used due to being simpler.

• The Elders/Turaga are used as smaller sets.

Hope you like this idea.

4 Likes

Bionicle G3 should be technic build.
And I want matorans :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s something that’s going to be unpopular.

Let’s have Lego sell the movie rights to Bionicle to Disney, or WB, or Fox. The studio makes the movie, and Lego releases Bionicle sets to go along with it. G3 becomes a movie franchise, and Lego would have the exclusive toy rights. From Lego’s perspective, if the first movie bombs and it dies, nothing lost. They gained a little movie, and they have yet another way of how-not-to-reboot-Bionicle.

If it works, oh boy, Lego is sitting pretty. They would own the EXCLUSIVE toy rights to a multi-million dollar movie franchise. Cha-ching! Funko wants to make a Tahu POPs ? Money to Lego. Collectible porcelain Mata Nui statue? Money to Lego. Nerf Thornax Launcher ? Money to Lego.

Yes, I know it’s a risk. No one wants the Bionicle version of Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes. But I think the potential for success is great enough that it warrants consideration.

5 Likes

This will never happen, but I have nothing but respect for this idea. If at all possible, I’d be psyched to see it become reality - unfortunately, it seems like a serious risk to the film studio. Would it have happened thirty years ago? Maybe. Nowadays, though, a gamble like that is much rarer.