If G2 got a third year

What kind of things do you think we could have seen from a third Bionicle year? What kind of bad guys would we get? What would the Toa be like? What would our smaller sets be?

4 Likes

######We’d probably have Makuta and the MoUP…

11 Likes

If G2 continued, then we’d still get the same lackluster story telling. Lego cut the line short because they didn’t feel that they were profiting from it. They never gave any signs that they learned what they were doing wrong.

Set wise. Who knows. We can only speculate what new sets we’d get besides maybe makuta.

5 Likes

I would say this would have been guaranted if Bionicle G2 had lived long enough to see it’s third year. As for the rest though, I have no idea.

3 Likes

I would guess that we would get six standard sized Toa in the winter, accompanied by six smaller sets (maybe villains?) and a medium sized villain set. The summer would probably be three mediocre villain sets, along with Makuta and maybe yet another Ekimu.
Did anybody else hate that wave structure? Cause I sure did.

I would guess the story would take place after Umarak successfully opened the Shadow realm and released Makuta and his Shadow army.
Just speculation, though…

8 Likes

More disappointment /s

2 Likes

Honestly, I think that’s pretty accurate.

1 Like

I don’t know.
Maybe a few more new pieces.

1 Like

A whole year of Shadow Realm adventures ending in a better destruction of Makuta by the power of Rainbow.

4 Likes

I reckon Year 2 would have ended with Gali trapped in the Shadow Realm. Year 3 would be the other Toa going in to save her and defeat Makuta. I would have loved to see a dark Cult of Makuta or something akin to Satanic worshipers as the villains and shadow Matoran as the small sets.

I dont know that would make Gali a damsel in distress

1 Like

2017 Winter Wave;
Toa are dragged into the shadow realm where they find an ancient prophecy revealing their forgotten past and have to find a way to escape to defeat Makuta

• Shadow/drained versions of the 6 Toa
  • Shadow Protector and 5 other smaller villain shadow sets
  • Makuta combo set with black MoUP and lower half of Mask Of Time (Pretty much the JTO form)

2017 Summer Wave;
After finding the lower half of the Mask Of Time in the shadow realm (One side hidden in light, the other hidden in shadow) the Toa, now back on Okoto, must battle against Makuta along with his shadow generals (Umarak, Kulta and Lord Of Skull Spiders enslaved and controlled by his darkness), find the upper half of the Mask Of Time and free Ekimu who has been trapped.

• Shadow Toa-sized version of Umarak
  • Shadow Toa-sized version of Kulta
  • Shadow version of Lord Of Skull Spiders
  • Tahu; Toa Of Time (With Mask Of Time Upper Half)
  • Ultimate Makuta (With Gold Mask Of Ultimate Power)
8 Likes

I think that UtD gets saved by Ekimu via knocking off the MoC and placing the red/gray UtH mask on Umarak’s head, freeing him from Makuta’s control and changing him back to his original form but severely weak. After Umarak is freed, all the Toa get sent to the Shadow Realm and Makuta and his followers get set free with some followers staying to watch after the toa and make sure they don’t leave (Takes place on season 2 finale of JtO). Umarak and Ekimu would get left to die but fortunately survive by hiding from Makuta.

The followers that stay inside would become the winter wave of 2017. The followers’ sets color scheme would consist of mainly black like the beasts but have more Toa-like bodies with secondary colors being either trans dark red, blue, green, violet, dark brown, or white/gray just to mix things up and smaller Okotoan-like followers that are just black and gray (only 1 set). All the followers would have multi-colored masks (ie red+green or black+violet) to represent Makuta’s original intentions. The winter wave story ends with the Toa finding a way to escape and seeing Okoto mostly destroyed by the shadow horde and Makuta with his followers.

For Summer Wave 2017 sets we would get Makuta with MoUP, a Makuta set pre-MoUP with the MoC, an UtD-sized beast with black and trans-green unlike the smaller beasts dubbed either “Shadow Beast” or “Acid Beast”, a black with trans pink Makuta follower with skull warrior-like features like in JtO but with 4 arms and a special skull mask and horns with one horn being bigger than the other, and finally an Okotan-sized Makuta follower with wings and CCBS Chirox legs.

The Summer 2017 story would begin with the Toa free but with Makuta followers from the Winter Wave coming out as well but the Toa escape them and the followers go to find Makuta, who conveniently sets his base at the Mask Maker City, enslaving and/or converting the regular Okotans and keeping elemental creatures in cages as pets. Ekimu and Umarak hide out in the Region of Stone, trying to get some villagers that managed to escape Makuta to fight with them while Umarak heals up. The Toa would be in the region of stone, on the opposite side of Ekimu/Umarak heading towards the Mask Maker City. Ekimu and Umarak get overrun by followers of Makuta and the Toa save them. Soon, the 8 go to the Mask Maker City to fight Makuta, Acid/Shadow Beast, and Makuta followers from both the winter and summer waves. After a long battle, the Toa trap Makuta and begin to start the banishing process for Makuta and co to go away. All the followers get sent in but before Makuta can go too, Ekimu goes up to him, tears shedding, and says goodbye to his corrupted brother by hitting him in the mask shattering the MoUP this time, preventing the MoUP from ever being repaired and unexpectedly transforming Makuta into pre-MoUP. Ekimu sees this and saves his uncorrupted brother as he, Umarak, and Makuta witness the Toa ascend into the stars and complete their destiny. In the end, Ekimu and Makuta reunite, with Ekimu apologizing to Makuta for making him feel jealous and they proceed to repair the city with the help of the elemental creatures with giant statues of the toa, which will become the New Capital. Umarak vows to never do evil again, despite being part of the element of shadows and proceeds to be a good guy. Then Izotor begins his monologue about the legend of the Bionicle like in the original JtO ending.

2 Likes

I would like to think that most of the villians would have been from the Shadow Realm, with the small sets being the ancient protectors under the order of Makuta, along with some skull warriors, villagers, and/or beasts. I also think we may have seen characters like Axato, and titan sets of Ekimu and Makuta.

2 Likes

Or just a Toa who has five very loyal friends that will go into the depths of Hell to rescue her. It could be any Toa really, I just used Gali as she was the one to go there in the 2016 story.

2 Likes

I feel like the whole “finding the MoUP parts” bit in JtO was brought forward from Year 3, due to how the “yellow corruption goop” was changed to purple Shadow in the promotional posters.

If Year 3 had gone ahead, the second half of Year 2 would have focused on “Creation vs Destruction”, with UtD attempting to corrupt and control the Toa (using the yellow stuff shown on box art but cut from JtO), awakening dual-element Beasts that threaten to destroy Okoto. Ekimu powers up using the MoCr (as originally stated in product descriptions, not Light) in order to defeat Umarak.

Year 3 would then open with the standard six Toa (in “full-element” form) and six minions of Makuta, each retrieving a MUP piece. A larger villain (Umarak or someone else) combines the MUP pieces, freeing Makuta. The second half of Year 3 is then a Titan Makuta vs Light-powered-up Ekimu, making the final wave “Light vs Shadow”. Ekimu possibly wears the Upper and / or Complete Vahi (Ekimu mentions in JtO that “Light brings vision”, making the Upper Vahi’s power of seeing the future a good fit for a Light character).

The Prophesy of Light probably explains how Ekimu is related to Light / how Light is related to the other elements (rather than just existing to allow the story to skip a year’s plot). Over the year, the Toa realise they have to combine their elements to form Light and beat Makuta (Gali entering the Shadow Realm is therefore unnecessary).

The Toa win; Izotor misquotes Vakama’s MoL speech; the end.

4 Likes

The MoUP, and the MoT, an official Makuta set (maybe more than 1).

To me Bionicle G2 was better with each year, given us more lore, story and media content, and don’t forget the improvement in the sets with things like new functions, new torso without free ball joints, no yellow gear and more G1 compatible pieces. So actually the third year will be better and like other people have said before, probably the searching would be not about mask but the parts of the MOUP and also shadow characters sets… is a shame Lego decided to cancel the line abruptly.

2 Likes

If G2 got a third year this topic wouldn’t exist :stuck_out_tongue:.

6 Likes

We could have gotten MOUP shards instead of golden masks, and the shard could have been able to form the MOUP, but there could’ve been a solid, one-piece MOUP released in the following wave.

2 Likes