In Memory of Adazai

Having actually had a moment or two to speak with him before his passing, there is one thing I’d like to make very clear: Adazai was simply an outstanding person.

On these Boards, where so many of us spend our time away from others, to enjoy with each other and with strangers we’ve never met, how we conduct ourselves is important. Because this here is a community where you can express yourself to people who you have never met before and may never get the chance to speak with face to face. You can be any kind of person here, be it rude, angsty, sad, angry, or nothing at all.

Adazai was happy, and he made others happy.

I see a lot of people in Youtube comments and in Message Board topics, but for many years Adazai’s name always stuck out. He was always a pleasure to speak with, and never seemed to have a problem with anyone. And to be honest, until learning about this today, I never realized all that was happening in his life.

I can’t imagine what life like that was like. But what I can see is that he made the best of it. He became incredibly talented with LDD, was enjoyable to speak with, and never had any issues with anyone. He made the best of his situation, and to me, that speaks volumes to his character.

I’m proud that I got the chance to talk with him, be it as few times as they were. He was pleasant, cordial, polite, creative, and above all… He was happy.

I’m glad that he is at peace. I am also glad he was a part of this community.

I hope that wherever he is now, that he is also happy.

54 Likes

There are other people who have said this way better than I have,
(Mesonak and Eljay said it the best)
so I recommend reading everyone else’s replies.

I never would have thought this would happen…

Sadly, like most people here, I didn’t know him as well as I would have liked to.
But I did see him in almost every topic I viewed, he was a fantastic MOC-ist.

I just wish that I’d knew him better.
Rest in piece, Adazai.

16 Likes

This is really sad, I unfortunately never interacted with this fellow but I remember being impressed by some of his LDD MOCs. Rest in piece Adazai, and my condolences to his family and friends.

8 Likes

There always seem to be those willing to step back and lift others up and Adazai is one of those people. I can’t wait to meet him as well in that happy land.

11 Likes

I didn’t know him all too well, but I’m still sad to see him go.

5 Likes

i didn’t know him much, but i remember getting his award on one of my first Mocs , i also loved his LDD Mocs and i am sad to see a member go… i see this place as more of a home then anything, because when im ever down or sad, i come here , look at mocs ETC and know a member of this family has gone, and i am heart broken
May Lord @Adazai Rest in peace to a true creative genius <3 Condolences to his family and close friends he will be missed

8 Likes

The Message Boards will never be the same without him. :cry:

4 Likes

Thanks for your contributions to the community, man. Hard to hear the news. I’m just glad I had the honor of asking Greg Farshtey a question you had a few years back. Who would’ve thought it would mean so much more now?

26 Likes

I remember reading his posts, he was great.

7 Likes

Didn’t ever get to talk to you either, but your stuff was really cool. Rest In peace.

10 Likes

I never really interacted much with @Adazai on the boards. But he seemed like a nice guy. The awesomeness approval award was actually one of the things (I felt at least) that marked an incredibly good Moc on the boards. Rest in piece Adazai. You will be missed.

13 Likes

Rest in peace, @Adazai. I didn’t get a chance to interact with you, but seeing the reactions of those who knew you, I regret not getting a chance to.

Farewell, comrade.

10 Likes

This is something completely new to me.
I’ve never been part of a community where somebody’s died before. Its a strange experience. Although I, like most of the people here, never knew Adazi very well, being part of a community and losing a member of it feels like having a chunk taken out, especially with one as small and close-knit as BIONICLE. Aftter looking through his topics, his posts and his YouTube videos I can say he looks like a great guy and someone who really cared for others.
R.I.P. Adazai

12 Likes

The death of someone in our small community feels like we lost a lot, as @ToaKhrazix stated. I’ve been thinking of this because of this whole thing: http://www.seeyouspacecowboy.com

We’re gonna carry that weight.

8 Likes

There’s another star shining brightly in the sky tonight.

Rest in peace, Adazai.

14 Likes

Rest in peace, @Adazai

My condolences to his friends and family.

11 Likes

I never really talked to Adazai, or really even saw much of what he posted. But the fact that so many people here are sad to see him go, proves to me that he must have been a great guy. Rest in peace @Adazai, and my heart goes out to his family for their loss.

8 Likes

Never really talked to him, but RIP @Adazai. You will be missed.

3 Likes

I never met him, but this loss hits me even so. From what everyone here tells me, he seems like such a positive person who would never give up, and never stopped being kind.
May you find Bionicle g3 in heaven, @Adazai. I wish I could have known you.

10 Likes

I’ve never spoken to him personally, but his passing saddens me.

May you find eternal bliss, Adazai. You will be remembered.

3 Likes