Insanely high prices

I always thought that LEGO products were expensive, but when I looked up the sets in the official LEGO page I saw that they were much more cheaper than what I have to pay in stores, for example:

Blue creativity set:
Normal price=$5
What I have to pay=$11

Elite Praetorian guard:
Normal price=$25
What I have to pay=$58

And that’s what happens with every single set. Anyone else with this problem?

2 Likes

Hold up, you need to pay 50 bucks just to get the Praetorian Guard?!?!

4 Likes

PRAETORIAN GUARD FOR SIXTY DOLLARS!!! That’s literally insane.

3 Likes

That’s the cheapest one I’ve found

2 Likes

Darn, that it crazy.

1 Like

This sounds really weird, but let’s not jump to any hasty conclusions.

First of all, what country to do you live in @UnitaryBog?

Secondly, at what store did you see the Elite Praetorian Guard for 58$?

2 Likes

I live in Chile and I saw it in zmart (it’s a GameStop type of store), I haven’t seen any buildable figure in stores like Walmart (renamed lider in my country, but it’s the same) and there aren’t that many Lego stores

1 Like

Where are you getting your online LEGO prices from? I’m not seeing Chile on the list of shipping destinations on the official LEGO site. Be careful you’re not directly comparing prices from the United States (in USD) to the prices in your country (which I’m assuming are in Chilean Pesos).

1 Like

All the prices I listed are in dollars, and I can’t buy from the Lego site because as you said, Chile isn’t on the list of shipping destinations, I have to buy my sets from other stores. I know shipping is expensive, but I don’t think that’s enough to double the price of the sets

1 Like

Yeah, I’m honestly not sure what’s going on. IMO, your best bet would to reach out to members of your country’s LEGO User Group. If you’re not 18 yet you probably won’t be able to join as a full adult member. However, the people at the club might know something about the seemingly large price discrepancy.

6 Likes

Well that sucks.

When you say “other stores”, do you mean physical stores in your country, or have you tried other online stores like Amazon or eBay (which I believe both support shipping to Chile)?

It’s possible you could get a fairer price through either of those, if you haven’t already. If you can’t figure out what’s going on with your country’s bizarre pricing, that might be your best bet.

Do you know for sure that this doesn’t happen with other toys too?

I mean physical stores. I don’t buy things on eBay or Amazon because I want my things to actually arrive, you know? I have a few experiences with things getting lost.

This does happen to other products but they’re not as bad as with lego.

Jeez, thats insane. I really hope you’re miscalculating

I’m not, a dolar is about 600 clp (Chilean pesos) and the Praetorian guard costs 35000 clp