Insect Head WIP

Mm. Well rip, because I think I might go with the piranha build… But if I don’t like the skeleton I make, I might switch. Thanks!

*antennae
git your anatomy right yo

Oi m80, they could be horns ¯_/͠- ʖ̯┐͡-_/¯
it’s my moc

1 Like

spooki

Oi u got roosted.

Dragon roosted.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ok, made a theoretical skeleton for it… maybe a bit too small, but just to see what the head would look like on a fish.

And yet another design; going back to a [quote=“Novel, post:1, topic:24054”]
An upright figure, like Randall from Monster’s Inc.
[/quote]

kind of idea,

7 Likes

Make like a bugs life grasshoppers or something!

In the main post

Hue

1 Like

It’s a cool mix between creepy and awesome…what will the body look like?

I like the design, keep it up with the whole ‘organic’ smooth look you have going with the head.

As for the body, personally I’d scrap the idea of having a skeletal structure at the moment and just continue organically onwards from the head.

What do you picture the neck looking like? Would it be a creature with a long neck or a short neck. Does it have shoulders? What does the body look like?

I feel if the design of the creature evolves that way its less likely you’ll feel confined to giving it a pre-set body type and instead it’ll truly become its own thing based on how it flows.

Nothing on that even remotely has the same style or design as the users post… the only thing they remotely have in common is that both have some form of horns, yet even the horns are done differently. Seems a lot like you are seeing similarities when there are none…

• Novel’s is smooth and organic looking with lots of curves and is based off an insect
  • Darknova3529’s is blocky and based off a horse or quadruped

I think it was just the jaws and and the horns.
It just reminded me of that MOC

It looks really nice and i love the inscet/deep sea fish look. It kinda reminded me of a moc i did as seen in my profile picture.

Oh man! It looks really great so far! If this is just the skeleton and the head done, then I can’t wait until it’s complete.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an insect with jaws and teeth

Looks cool! I like how the trap is incorporated. Interested to see how it builds out.

That looks awesome. I kind of like the idea of a dragonfly type thing with like a red-green color scheme.

That’s what I’m asking you guys :> Before I put the antlers on, I was trying to experiment with different things that could make it so it didn’t have a neck, just brawny shoulders, but now I dunno.

woah m8 them’s fightin words

When I saw that, I was looking at the mouth vertically. I just decided to make it horizontal when I built it.

danke

All in all, I dunno if I’m gonna continue on with this. I just don’t have enough metru red pieces to finish it off, I have absolutely no pieces that are the same color as the antennae/horns, and I wasn’t planning on making the green the accent. I might though.
Maybe a possibility would be to make wings out of those trans-green herofactory shield things… if I were to make a bricklink order of them…