Island of Artakha Map [Art] [Worldbuilding]

They don’t all have to be similar sizes. In fact, it makes more sense for some regions to be much smaller than others. Deserts and forests are naturally large areas, whereas volcanic areas are often confined to a certain perimeter around the volcano.

Kanae is made up of multiple floating rocks, so that will naturally be tiny. But the main cluster is about 90 miles wide, so there’s plenty of room for villages.

2 Likes

True but

Scaling this. The island must be gigantic.

1 Like

Like I say in the image, the total island (tip to tip) is about 600 miles. That equates to roughly 2 weeks of walking (for 14 hours each day). This matches their original idea of how long it would take to walk the whole thing.

2 Likes

Ahh Thank you kind sir

I have been missing out on the pod casts because I have been away from internet other than mobile data.

Nice design.

1 Like

Though I appriciate your topic, I believe that @Oomatu has already made a map for Arthaka, which I believe is perfect. (Not because it looks good, because the geography of the Island makes sense.)

This is the thread.

1 Like

I designed this map to fit the current canon. In that canon, there are 3 gates into Motara. One from Mangai, one from Ihu, and one from Tiro. Oomatu’s design has Tiro on the north side of the island and Motara on the south. There is no possible way to have a gate between them.

I agree that Oomatu’s design looks amazing, but with this new detail, it runs into some issues, geographically. If you just mean the shape of the island, then that could be adjusted. This is a concept of the layout, so the exact shape can be tweaked.

2 Likes

I really like this one, the shape is nice and unique but memorable. I think it would fit nicely alongside Mata-Nui and Okoto.

2 Likes

I’ll play with the shape of my version a bit to curve it more. What are your thoughts on having outposts of Kanae at various points around the island vs just all together?

hmmm, as in chunks of floating island in different points of the map? Or just regular outposts in different regions?

1 Like

Floating at different points. I saw it as a way to tie in the Kanae matoran leaving their families early, as well as giving rest stops/bases for transportation all over the island.

[Edit] - I’ve updated the shape to reflect the more curved look that RAKRONDEWL made. I still kept the floating outposts for Kanae, but I increased the size of the main cluster to better differentiate it. (I also noticed I had the metric distances labeled as meters and not km.)

[Edit 2] - Just noticed the background was transparent instead of white, making the text harder to read.

5 Likes

whoa

why do the island drawings here look creepily like mine in AG3

What’s AG3?

[Edit] - Just saw what AG3 was. There are some similarities with the more crescent shape, so I see what you are referring to.

@UltimateMustacheX: I remember hearing from the TTV that it would take about two weeks to travel from the two farthest points of the island (correct me if I’m wrong). After doing some testing on a few maps, I’ve reached the conclusion that the island should be about 50% larger regarding distances. I’m not taking landscape into account, only distance.

Based on your measurement for Artakha, it would be roughly the same distance between San Diego and the Navajo Nation Reservation in Arizona (Artakha’s ~607 mi to the map’s ~632 mi). On foot, without rest, it would take roughly 7-9 days to travel.

I picked the distances based on that same 2 weeks for the total. Going on foot (3.1 mph) at about 14 hrs per day for 2 weeks gives the amount I have for the total. (This is the tip of Mangai to the tip of Naho). They have to have some time in there for resting/sleeping/eating/etc. so it wouldn’t be a full 24 hrs each day.

Each individual region was found using a ratio. The ratio of total inches of the island to its distance in miles is equal to the ratio of each region inches to x miles. Solving for x gives each of the region distances I have.

Ihu boarders are protected by a giant Ice Wall, like in Game of Thrones, but in this case to protect the region from both of the most hottest regions. The King of Ihu has numerous lords under him that swear their loyalty to him, many nouble houses. The wall is strongest and EXTRA THICC at the Mangai boarders, which is why its fall is even worse.

PS: It would make more sense if you write in that its square miles and kilometers when writing the size of all the regions.

Ok, just double-checking

The distances given are purely linear, for the longest straight line distance in each region (or tip to tip of the whole thing). Since finding the area of non geometric shapes like these are very time consuming and all around a pain to do, I didn’t bother calculating them.

You could just do grids for that (making each square a certain size) and then no one has to think too much about it. Like, maybe if each square was 10,000 sq mi?

Why the longest distance from one point to another for measuring the regions? Thats nkt really realiable or informative of the regions actual size. Square miles or kilometers is a standard used for any geograhical measurement of a territories size…specially since it adds the variable that the terrain wont be a perfect shape.

1 Like