JANGBRiCKS General Discussion

Best video of the year, that GNAJ vid.

1 Like

Video is somewhat spoilery from TLJ?

I haven’t heard Jang be this scuffed since that one Bricklink order where he obtain an incomplete Vintage Train set with a damaged parts box.

2 Likes

[quote=“Square, post:63, topic:23387, full:true”]

Unfortunately, I couldn’t agree with him more. His video basically sums up what I think of the set.

When I first heard about this set, I got excited. Owning the previous version, I was hoping it’d be kinda like that. And I guess, the set kinda is, but I didn’t want the entire top to be missing, just because of one scene from the movie! I was very disappointed when I first saw images for it, and even more disappointed now. I guess it fits in with the other, IMO, subpar sets from this 2018 line.

Holy cow, I’ve never heard such a negative review by the man

3 Likes

This is a close second:

1 Like

Timestamp

Woah, I’ve been watching him since 2011, and I’ve never heard him get this angry.

While most of us know that Jang interest on constraction has dropped overtime, he also been avoiding Friends/Elves review, by that I mean he barely touch 2017 Summer sets. This was the most recent Friends review atm:

I’m not too sure about the DC SHG/Disney Princess status though. :girl:

edit 6/10/18:

Oh boy, his channel went beyond his expectation. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

JANGBRiCKS reaches 1,000,000 subscribers! | Brickset!

3 Likes

JANGBRiCKS has created a new channel, presently called “JANG’s QUiCKBRiCKS,” for shorter reviews.

In a recent vlog set in his massive LEGO city display, he commented that less people are watching his longer, carefully narrated reviews. In addition, he said he wanted to focus more on furthering his city display and working on other custom projects. So, the creation of this new format is not all that surprising.

So far he has two offerings on his new channel that focus on 75181 UCS Y-Wing and 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall.

In his introduction video he demonstrates that he wants to gauge community opinion of the format. Since less overall viewers watch his longer reviews, it is sensible to change how much time and effort he spends in reviewing sets, so again, the idea does not surprise me.

Personally speaking, I prefer the existing format of longer reviews. I have always valued JANG’s attention to detail and overall knowledge of LEGO in his reviews. These quick looks obviously must cut a lot of that out, and they appear to have less of JANG’s overall thoughts on the set, with more focus on the objective features. This is somewhat sensible, as different people will have different opinions on LEGO sets. While JANG always stresses that the thoughts he presents are his own, I can imagine some viewers being angry when they hear opinions they do not agree with.

The main feature I appreciate from this shorter format is less time spent on minifigures. As I am not a minifigure collector, this is also a personal preference, and I am sure that the more in-depth look at minifigures in sets are useful for some viewers.

I’m curious to see whether this is here to stay. I can’t see JANG producing both long and short reviews of the same sets, as it seems to defeat the apparent time-saving purpose of the whole idea. The long reviews gave JANG credibility, but these quick looks remind me a lot of the work of other LEGO youtubers. Regardless, the idea will certainly be appreciated by some, but I prefer JANG’s existing review model.

What are your thoughts on this new channel?

1 Like

I only sees the Great Hall one, and it’s something for fans who just sees the reviews without details and colors which I love, but this is diffecent.