Killing a Mohtrek wielder

Hi Greg!
So in story, Bitil wore the Kanohi Mohtrek, Mask of Time Duplicates. It was explicitly stated that killing one of these duplicates would kill every duplicate that existed beyond that point, including the summoner. My question is what happens to the rest of the timeline when this occurs? Is time rewritten entirely to adjust to lacking Bitil, or does it continue as it did?

Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Non-professional opinion here, but um…

I imagine that, when Bitil uses his mask, it brings up a version of his past self which while the actual version of the duplicate can feel the pains brought about by ts future version, the actions would not affect the original, and simply adjusts to the present date.

I’m sorry if this is worded weird.

“If a past self is killed, the user will vanish, and an alternate timeline where they did not exist will be created.”
Source: Mohtrek - BIONICLEsector01 & Farshtey Feed (p165-167) - blogs_blog_59 - BZPower

5 Likes

Doesn’t that bring up the question that if a past self is killed, then wouldn’t the non existance of the summoner render the action of the past self being killed void? It’s like if you go back in time and kill yourself. If you’re dead in the past, then how’d you go back in time and kill yourself?

Not in this case, as the past self is conjured into the future. Therefore, when it is killed, anything the person did after the moment that past self came from is erased, and the timeline shifts to compensate for it. The Mohtrek in general is a really ridiculous mask that probably never should have been made, as it really just confuses things a great deal.

Fair enough.

I prefer to think of it as copies from identical off-sync alternate universes, rather than time travel.

1 Like