So, a few days ago I came up with a way to incorporate lacrosse Koli into BRICKONICLE, but it isn't in Motara-it's in Tiro. Anyway, I digress. This all starts at the beginning of the civil war, before Tiro joins in. Worry is spreading across Tiro, and young matoran are starting to get freaked out. In an attempt to distract them, their parents allow them to mess with thier tools. The matoran start moving rocks with them and a game is created. This opens a lot of places to fill with backstories and characteristics.
Akilini (Suggested by @UltimateMustacheX )
Name Backstory: The fruit that was first used as Balls where called Akilini (Suggested by @Bokarda)
1. Matches will be played with two teams. (Suggested By @Bokarda )
2. Each team must have an equal amount of players. (From G1)
3. Teams can have up to 5 players. (Suggested By @UltimateMustacheX )
4. Before the match, all teams agree on the number of points needed for victory, but the maximum is 3 more than the total player count. (Suggested By @Bokarda/From G1, Tweaked by me )
5. Scores in one's own goal counts as a point for the other team. (Suggested by @Bokarda)
6. The Goalie is given a shield to block goals, but if it is dropped/given to another player, there is a penalty for that team. The same applies for an Akilini staff. (Suggested By @Bokarda )
7. All players Must have one Akilini staff. (Suggested By @Bokarda and also from G1)
8. Striking another player is not allowed, but you are allowed to hit another player's Akilini staff with your own. (Suggested By @Bokarda )
9. One Akilini ball (Actual Ball, Fruit, etc.) must be in play at all times, if it is lost, whichever team has the most points wins. (Suggested By @Bokarda, Tweaked By Me)
10. If the ball is in the basket-like end of an Akilini staff, the player can only walk until they have passed it to another player. All other players can move at any speed. (Suggested By @Bokarda )
11. If a Rahi/Other beast attacks, the game is put on pause until the problem is dealt with. (From G1)
And Here's @FuegoDeCera's Post on Tiroan Akilini's Learning Curve compared to Motaran Koli's.
So anyway, what do you think I should do to improve upon this idea? Are there any backstories that you can think of?
EDIT: Instead of moving rocks around, @Bokarda suggested that dried/unripe fruit be the ball and the tools used as sticks could be for gathering fruit from tall trees & such.