Lazarin the elder serpent (Self-Moc)

Hey guys! This is my self-Moc, Lazarin the elder serpent.

As you can probably tell, Lazarin is based off of my favourite animal, a snake. He uses my favourite colour scheme: black, purple and trans neon green.

Deep in the darkest cave of Okoto lies the malicious but wise serpent, Lazarin. He is the oldest of his kind, having lived for thousands of years. He is a massive serpent, dwarfing even the Lord of Skull Spiders (in lore, LoSS is massive). He is often sought out by the leaders of various kingdoms and tribes for his wisdom and experience in leadership. However, he does not bestow the gift of his knowledge on to anyone. The one who seeks him must first pass his test. They must be able to survive a battle with him. Only the people who pass are granted his knowledge, where as the ones who fail are eaten.

His skills in magic and potion brewing are unrivalled. Often when one wanders into his cave they will find him brewing a potion or reading a spell book. He is one of the few sentient beings on the island of Okoto who has no need for an elemental mask, as his skill in magic is already so great it cannot be augmented by a mask.

However, he is not as powerful as he may seem at first glance. He may be wise, but he is also arrogant and can easily get caught up thinking about how great he is or how skilled he is. His massive size can also be a hindrance, as you could just hide in a place that is too small for him to get to you. However, being as old as he is, he has learned to try and learn from his mistakes (emphasis on ā€œtryā€).

Lazarin is not always working though. Some of his favourite pass times are drawing, cooking and making miniature models from pieces of wood and other materials. Despite the fact that he will eat the ones who fail his tests, he very much dislikes the taste of Okoton, preferring to eat the cooked meat of birds and berries. All in all, despite having a mean appearance, he is actually a very nice person if you were to get to know him.

I hope you guys liked that story. I tried to make his personality much like mine. I love drawing and cooking. If you couldnā€™t tell, the model thing was suppose to represent Lego. Also, I am massive for my age, but I try to be a nice person all the time. As for the arrogence, I donā€™t think Iā€™m that arrogant, but you would have to ask one of my friends as no one thinks their arrogant. I tried not to make this like most OCs back stories. Let me know if you think I should change it, because I will.

As for the Moc itself, I tried to make it look interesting. I really wanted the S shape of the body as I thought it looked more natural. The tail and arms are simple enough, but Iā€™m very proud of his head! Anyways, thatā€™s about it. Let me know if you guys like it! Feel free to critique it and let me know any problems you may have with it. This is probably something I will come back to and update in the future.

38 Likes

The staffs a bit messy, but nice

2 Likes

Nice job! I love the way the colors flow as well the general design. His weapon looks a little odd, but great MOC on the whole.

1 Like

Thanks! Just note that I never intended the staff to be a weapon. Itā€™s just more like the serpentine staff from Ninjago, where itā€™s more for looks.

1 Like

I like the head of this moc. The moc backstory is overused of being the last of its kind

Good to know. Iā€™ll probably change it to make him a bit more malicious too.

Yeah the last of their kind story has been done tons of times with kings, and snakes.

Little mistake there.
And also does this also give him invulnerability? cause he could just go to the nearest cliff or volcano and boom, curse solved.

The color scheme was a good choice too cause bright colors indicate that some animals are toxic, like snakes so other animals stay away from them.

@AwesomeJoel27 I geuss it would give him invulnerability. I didnā€™t really give it much thiught. Besides, Iā€™ve changed his back story, so check it out if you want. As for the colour scheme, thanks! While I was building, I didnā€™t think about the whole thing about poisoness animals being colourful, but about halfway through, I thought that the colours were great for a snake.

@nexolo Iā€™ve changed the back story. Check it out if you want.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty cool!

Thanks!

I love it! Itā€™s a snake, and it uses two different translucent colors that look very good together! Also, the staff and head are really cool. Good job!

Thank you! I made him a snake because (obviously) snakes are awesome. Also, trans purple and trans neon green together is my favourite colour combination.

Oh my God, the character description is amazing. Itā€™s not that often you find a MoC, much less a Self-MoC, that has human characteristics that people can really relate to. He feels like an actual character who would fit right into the story, and even be more interesting than the majority of the characters.

Thank you so much! This is the second version of his back story that I wrote (because the first one was overused by other people). This is one of the nicest things someone has said to me!

Awesome Moc really dig the armour plating on the main body, though i think a better more ā€˜snake likeā€™ head would definitely help to sell the snake, cause the head looks more like a dinosaur head than a snake. Overall though, I have to say its a pretty awesome Moc.

1 Like

He looks really cool

I really like the creativity of this MOC! The solidified and creative structure of the build is great, and the colors are really neat.

Not bad. Perhaps change the shoulders to something less flair-y, but besides that I canā€™t think of anything specifically wrong with it. Good job!

I like the head design and oh my gosh look at all those trans purple connectors.

1 Like