Lego Contests

I think we have a winner

/s

Also, 83 entries already?!

11 Likes

Link is broken for me, can you screen shot the image?

I donā€™t want to sound like a d bag, cause his might be real. But on one of the entries, someone said Iā€™m 18 and have autism, and says something like ā€œreal lifeā€. A part of me doesnā€™t beleive this.

I WAS JUST TELLING @Shadowgear6335 that he uses mostly system now and he was denying it XD

7 Likes

It was hard enough for him to make that transition, and now I wonder how hard itā€™ll be for him to revert to a mainly CCBS/technic building style :stuck_out_tongue:

Rip frail-connection details. But Iā€™ll be honest, mine is also mostly system so I might scrap this contest. :expressionless:
edit:
@Rockho A new challenger approached!
http://i.imgur.com/mhYkGK3.png

5 Likes

Does the MOC for the Makuta contest have to be made out of CCBS?

The rule say the only limit is System by 10%, you are require to use 3 type of parts [Bionicle, Constraction (ex: CCBS and/or Ben 10) , and Technic].

Well, it doesnā€™t say you need to use all three, just that you can us up to 10% system and the other three arenā€™t limited at all.

1 Like

90% of the comments are just people complaining we wonā€™t get a Makuta set or that G2 end too soon.

2 Likes

Someone included a 3D printed MoUP for their entry which may or may not be disqualified as a result

http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=2e18f62d-7312-42fc-a9f1-b2eaa5cde0d3&sortEntry=false

6 Likes

I love how many people are using the Skrall Shield.
XD

2 Likes

I knew it the portal was a skrall shield. Makuta secretly work with Tuma. /s

The rule say:

• Your creation should primarily consist of LEGO BIONICLE, LEGO
    Constraction and LEGO Technic bricks

But you dont need to use all three, you odnt have to use system if you dont want to, you dont even have to use ccbs if you dont want to, it just has to be made of lego pieces and no more then %`0 can be system.

I donā€™t know but maybe they have a reason to be still bitter

18 Likes

Iā€™m going to address this real quick.
Even when theirs people that have limited access with Lego parts, the admin commented that LDD also allowed in the contest. While LDD doesnā€™t have every single piece, itā€™s still viable with lack of investment of money. (even though its free)

Donā€™t believe that LDD will never win a contest? There was a contest for making a Lego Dimensions portal for a base and guess who won;
https://d29obovduoh05n.cloudfront.net/api/v1/image/ecd38f01d9f44989a20986f7d96886dd/Large.jpg
It has 12 likes fyi.

2 Likes

Clears throat So never done a topic like this here on TTV. Also as fair warning, I have posted this on a few different formats. Trying to get the broadest audience possible, as this is something I am genuinely interested in knowing. Also couldnā€™t exactly find a category this fit into since it isnā€™t just about Bionicle or Lego, but contests in general. Alsp how the frick do you add tags? A comma doesnā€™t enter it, nor does pressing enter.

So I recently had a discussion with someone over on DA, who submitted a moc they made over three years ago for the Makuta Contest, about the principles behind this. While the contest does state that older mocs can be entered, does it not defeat the purpose of the contest? Contests of all kinds typically invite people to create something for it, be it a moc, a story, or something else along those veins, itā€™s suppose to help foster creativity. How does submitting something youā€™ve had made for sometime honor that? That just seems wrong in my mind, as it defeats the entire purpose.

Call me crazy, but I like to treat my mocs with a bit of respect. It seems like a slap in the face to your older self to take a moc and relabel it to suit some newer purpose just to have a better chance at winning. Where is the integrity in that? Where is the pride in what you built?

I want to know what people honestly think about this. Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m not the only one who feels this way.

4 Likes

But what if Iā€™m really proud of a makuta moc that I made, and want to see how it compares to others? How is that wrong?

3 Likes