Lego Contests

thats noting compared to the nine-year-old.

and here people complained that young children did not have a chanse against the older fans.

talk about showing disrespect to children.

3 Likes

Rebrick has always been for older fans, that was the whole point of it. This shouldnā€™t be news to you guys.

6 Likes

We could ask.

I think that the 2006 Inika commercial summed up this entire debate nicely: "You may have new masks, new armor, new equipment, you may activate your powerful light up sword and load your multi-shot zamor launcher, but its not what youā€™ve got its what you do with it that makes you a hero MOCer"

5 Likes
  • Entries can be previously built, but to ensure fair play entries cannot be submitted previously in any contest of any kind competing for a prize
    Bionicle MOC: Remaku V3
    I donā€™t know how I feel about thisā€¦
5 Likes

Iā€™ve thought of an idea for the contest. I can build a mask like the one from the last contest and build a moc that fits that mask. But I would have to turn my entire lego collect upside down to build it.

Well, itā€™s not even that great. it looks imposing because of the wings, and the photo quality. otherwise, itā€™s pretty good, but not amazing.

somewhat disheartened, because there went my chancesā€¦

Highlights from the Makuta Contest rules:

Judging Criteria:

• Creativity of build: 25%

• Relevance to character: 25%

• Innovation of build: 25%

• Awesomeness of build: 25%

(Looks like everybody submitting upgrades of JTO Makuta might have some point reductions.)

Rules:

• Your creation should primarily consist of LEGO BIONICLE, LEGO Constraction and LEGO Technic bricks, but you are allowed to use up to 10% system bricks
    (RIP @Shadowgear6335)

• Entrants must be at least 13 years of age at the time of entry
    (All the 4-12 year oldā€™s submissions will be ruled out. Kappa)

• Each entry must have been made by the user submitting it
    (No duh)

Prizes: (More than we thought.)

• There will be 3 tier one winners. They will receive:
    Limited edition LEGO Bionicle Art Book signed by the team behind LEGO Bionicle
    The full 2015 and 2016 LEGO Bionicle assortment

• There will be 3 tier two winners. They will receive:
    The full 2015 and 2016 LEGO Bionicle assortment

• Bonus Prize
    One LEGO BIONICLE art book

5 Likes

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m confused about because theyā€™re allowing multiple entries per person. Do those entries equate to extra entries to win the random artbook?

2 Likes

oh yes.

2 Likes

Only one Counts.

• You can submit multiple entries to the contest, but only one entry per person will be considered when the winners are selected
1 Like

huh, they mustā€™ve added that

no, itā€™s been up there long before @RedMageGizmo posted, mate.

My brainā€™s glitching.

However, that part seems to refer more to the judging aspect than the raffle.

The Raffle will definitely only be used on Eligible Creations, so I do believe They will only count a single LEGO ID/Entity once. No use in spamming and degrading the quality of your entries and the contest overall.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll try not to be harsh from the recent Makuta post butā€¦
Alot of these entries are repetitive by their design. I wonā€™t go any deeper because I donā€™t want user to take my quote seriously.
edit:
@Forest_westly I have a feeling that most of the partition arnā€™t 13+. :zipper_mouth:

3 Likes

Some of the worst ones ive seen are an Umarak the Destroyer modification and one thats just kulta with some colors swapped and an Umarak the hunter chest piece.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my commentary on the contest rules.

- Your creation should primarily consist of LEGO BIONICLE, LEGO Constraction and LEGO Technic bricks, but you are allowed to use up to 10% system bricks
How do you know how many system pieces are there. If your moc has 300 pieces and there are 31 system pieces are you disqualified.

- Your entry must not contain military themes or defamatory or degrading elements
So you must put some elements in it. And donā€™t you dare think that darkness is an element.

- Your entry must not contain copies of any existing third party work or creation, or infringements of any third party intellectual property right will
What does that mean you canā€™t use something like a master sword or infinity gauntlet.And donā€™t you dare base it off of the journey to one model.

- Entries with violent military themes will not be eligible for the contest
Didnā€™t you already explain it in the second rule.

- You can submit multiple entries to the contest, but only one entry per person will be considered when the winners are selected
Does that still count for the random selections?

- Entries can be previously built, but to ensure fair play entries cannot be submitted previously in any contest of any kind competing for a prize
Basically create original designs donā€™t pick a random Moc on the shelf.

- Each entry must have been made by the user submitting it
How will Lego know whether you stole the design from someone else.

- Entrants must be at least 13 years of age at the time of entry
What if your 13th birthday is September 6 you canā€™t enter.

1 Like

What they mean is, say, I canā€™t upload Akutahn