Lego Contests

yes, because that one shares no aspects, not even a tacked on mask of control. and tbh, I wouldn’t be surprised if it won.the biggest problem might be the ten percent system, depending on how they calculate it.

True

For anyone else wondering we were discussing whether a Makuta moc for the contest must have inspiration from a previous form of Makuta or can it be a completely new design (if you want to even have a chance of winning)

1 Like

The mocist in question is actually the person I originally had the discussion that sparked me to bring it up here. As for the second moc, in his own words

Also, here. Just cause you complained, have another. I wasn’t even gonna submit him but what the h***. Kutumah looks plenty Makuta-y enough and it’s in the rules so Yay me.

Original “Status” where the discussion he and I had took place.

1 Like

The guy who spent 3 years to make his MOC now has a MOC he could just as easily have made in a day or less. He made the original MOC, then modified it as his Moccing skill improved and as he obtained new parts and as his tastes changed. (Maybe he loved tails 3 years ago, but now thinks they’re dumb). Unless it’s a MOC that would take longer than a day to rebuild from scratch( which would require more parts than most people have anyway), any MOC you have is a mark of your current skill, and its quality can be easily replicated.

Building a MOC for 3 years is taking a MOC you like and updating it to your new skill level. It’s no different from making a new MOC at your current skill level, and it gives you no advantage you wouldn’t already have.

Just finish my Makuta. Pictures will be coming soon.

gg Stippling
http://i.imgur.com/HfQA2RY.png
#GG

even though likes doesn’t really affect the result of judgement

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what happens when you have a loyal fanbase.

1 Like

Well then why does CallanLof’s Makuta not have as many likes. He has twice the subscribers as Stippling.

Because Callan still needs to git gud.

3 Likes

What???

Because Stippling’s is actually better suited for the contest.
Because, Y’know, Callan made a G1 Makuta.

6 Likes

Yeah I watched Callan’s Makuta video again and there doesn’t seem to a single CCBS piece on it. This is porbably because he doesn’t like the smooth design of CCBS.

4 Likes

That MOC is really cool and brilliantly made, but this contest has basically ruined gold overlord Makutas for me…

1 Like

ikr

I missed my chance to make puppeteer Makoti

Cause stippling told his viewers to like his entry unlike callan

So uh, the winners for the Makuta contest were apparently already emailed earlier this week…but if one or more don’t reply by tomorrow, they have to extend the deadline for announcing the winners, which perhaps entails choosing another winner. So check your inboxes everyone!

1 Like

Welp the announcement date did get extended so that srinks. I don’t believe I have gotten an email yet, but don’t fret if you haven’t either. They still need to select a few new winners. I wish they had made the whole email thing more known beforehand but oh well.

2 Likes

I’m going to e-mail lego. They haven’t sent me an e-mail yet.

:stuck_out_tongue: /s

:frowning:

2 Likes

No email to me yet.

Additional winners?

9 Likes