Lego Contests

I agree, there should be rules for contests such as these. That seems more fair and democratic.

3 Likes

I think all parts that have been released should be allowed. not parts that are in sets that haven’t come out officially

2 Likes

I think there’s a fine line between ‘not enough rules’ and ‘too many rules’. I think that the only necessary rules would be what I stated earlier, that pieces that aren’t released in offical Lego sets/polybags/promo stuff and altered pieces shouldn’t be allowed. Anyhting else is a restriction that makes the contest harder for the builder. Or easier.

10 Likes

Precisecly. More fair. Currently it isn’t fair at all.

Eljay.exe has stopped working

6 Likes

do the rules really matter though. I mean lego said make a mask with ccbs and the winner all used g1 and technic parts mainly. I mean yes the winner had a really cool mask but. if you ask me to give you a really polished stone I’m not going to give you a diamond.

windows has encountered a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ive told people this before, and I think ive told you specifically as well.

GOLD MASKS ARE NOT APART OF BIONICLES OVERALL BUDGET.

Based on what we know about other themes, I can say that

1. Bionicle has a budget set out for both waves of a year that is used for designing, new molds, ect.

2. Bionicles advertising are handled by a separate department that does advertising which has its own budget, which I would imagine prioritizes certain themes over others.

3. Gold Masks are apart of the advertising for competitions and lego as a whole, not Bionicles.

I would like it if that was true, but we dont know yet, for all we know top prize could be a pile or dirt.

3 Likes

Well yeah, custom stuff should not be allowed, that just gives you an unfair edge against your opponents.

And for certain contests restrictions over certain parts can lead to some very interesting and creative results, the “see what you can do when limited” thing, thats where you differentiate the good builders from the great ones.

4 Likes

Listen buddy, you aren’t making any sense here. Your argument is that because people can possibly steal something, MOCists shouldn’t be allowed to use certain pieces. You’ve gone beyond reasonable part usage and into morality. Do you have any more of an argument left? Have you decided to give up and result to extreme claims and logical leaps?

3 Likes

I also vote for more equal starting opportunities. Only using pieces that has been offically released in sets. Not everyone has the money or the chance to get those “specific” pieces.

4 Likes

make an animal you can only use 15 parts GO :wink:

4 Likes

I think both of you need to put on the Get-along ■■■■■.

Yes, that would be interesting.

7 Likes

Eljay, all he is saying is that he doesn’t think pieces that not everyone can get, I.E. prototype pieces, unreleased pieces or stolen pieces that wont come out for a while, shouldn’t be allowed, its a fair pint to make.

You keep missing his point, which means he has to try and use extreme examples to try to get the point across from you, he knows you disagree, he just doesnt think your understanding him correctly.

10 Likes

I don’t think there needs to be a limit on the amount of parts, I mean some mocs with 30 parts are great and some with 500 are awfull.

and age limits would be downright stupid.

2 Likes

And I’ve replied to these points. These are all obtainable. The thing is, this whole “stolen” piece thing is a horribly flawed way of trying to mock my arguments since it doesn’t happen. The playing field has been flattened and equalized for everyone, just not everyone take advantage of that.

And besides certain pieces, people will still have an advantage over others. Amount of parts, time, money, knowledge. No matter what happens, people that enter MOC contests will always be on an uneven playing field, making a ban on certain official Lego pieces nothing more than a PR move.

Considering a lot of these prizes are one-of-a-kind, I disagree. 13 or older, minimum, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Dont you see the fun in it, makes you think more on what you can do. :blush:
It shouldnt be a regular thing, but it could be nice for a certain specific contest, like how the mask contests had its rules specific to the thematic of the contest.

1 Like

I would like that, but I was talking about something like 5 to 13. I don’t like that idea that people can’t enter because they are too old and too good or something.

1 Like

LEGO savant at age 4 wins a complex MOC building contest, contestants shocked by his brilliants.

But seriously people, Bionicle is a line for kids, maybe we shouldnt be restricting that age demographic from contesting. Also restrictions have never stopped anyone, it only made it more desirable for people to brake them.

Tell that to all “Clearly 13 years old” youtube channels, there’s no way they can find out what age you are. If they require you to be in the picture all a kid has to do is to get there parents or some older sibling to stand in for them. They can lie about there age on websites.

5 Likes

thats true xD

look what I… erm MY SON IT WAS MY SON built.

1 Like

I would gladly tell them all. I’m just saying anyone under 13 shouldn’t enter, not that a household with someone of that age shouldn’t.