Lego Contests

That’s not exactly what I’m saying. If someone were to take Lewa’s Crystal blade and cut off the blade, I wouldn’t be allowed due to being a modified piece that isn’t official Lego. It would still technically be lego, and it would have the Lego logo on the silver part, but it isn’t allowed (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about modified pieces being allowed.

Let’s say hypothetically, we say leaks of 2017 sets that had the new blade piece with the colored art cut off. It still would not be allowed to use a cut-off blade piece in a contest, due to it being a modified piece.

On the other hand, I’m almost inclined to agree with you on the 2015 parts based on my own argument. Though it wasn’t in a set or a polybag, they were released, technically, to the general public. The silver prototype boomerang pieces should not be allowed, but the Onua pauldrons… I’m still leaning on the side of them not being allowed, simply because they fall in the vein of being early-release pieces as well that aren’t on a set on shelve yet. They’re like a sneak preview to those who were at the convention of what was coming.

Out of curiosity, are promotional pieces like the Trans-blue Gali Mask, the clear Hau, etc. allowed?

~W12~

3 Likes

0_0 what

So your saying that a someone below 13 in the age demographic shouldn’t be allowed to enter, but if they have someone else who is above 13 living with them, they can?

Again what?

4 Likes

Then they need to release a file where they indicate what parts are Technic and Constraction since you can argue that a lot of pieces are hybrids of all the three building systems.

2 Likes

Oh another thing that shouldn’t happen. everyone voting on the winners.

3 Likes

For the record, I do agree that cut or modified pieces shouldn’t be allowed. I do, however, believe that official pieces should be allowed as long as they’re released through an official Lego channel. (By channel, I mean a route through which Lego is overseeing the distribution of those pieces).

No, I’m saying if I’m 25 and wanna enter the contest, but I’m within a household that contains a 12 year old, I’d still be allowed to enter. But if the 12 year old wants to enter, no-go, since he is under the age limit.

Too risky. I personally prefer a panel, like what they did with the latest contest.

2 Likes

Yes, we all know what happened when unqualified people voted for something recently :wink:

3 Likes

indeed. If say Meso entered people would vote because its meso not because his MOC is good.

3 Likes

Like how people liked Eljays mask thing…

2 Likes

ouch xD

2 Likes

Well I know I cant speak for every one under the age of 13, how ever im willing to bet a majority of them would have to ask for shipping information from their parents and would probably want to show it off. I also imagine that the parents would be able to tell its real gold and would tell their kid not flush it down the toilet, then again I dont know how much we can trust modern parents in this day of age.

1 Like

It all depends on the parent, that fear should not be the reason for age restriction. And besides, doncha just love it when a kid reks you with his better MOC skills.

how do you guys feel about LEGO using face book and such for their contest sure using it to advertise the contest is ok but I feel it would be better if you needed to enter in a sepperate site

I really want to say that the 2015 parts from NYCC should have come with the stipulation that they not be used in contests until the sets were released. But that comes with a grey area, too, like certain stores releasing the sets earlier than the release date, or certain countries having varying release shedules. So, taking that into account, I guess it makes sense for LEGO to count the NYCC parts and any sets/pieces they put out as an official release.

Is there on official word on subject. Because afterall it’s Lego that allowed this, most likely because the possibility of someone using these type of parts just didn’t come to their mind since I don’t recall something like this happening before

I believe Mesonak personally asked Lego if it would be alright for him (as well as others present or who had the pieces) if they could use parts they got from NYTF. Lego said yes. They also allowed prototype pieces they had given to BZPower members. So as far as they’re concerned, they don’t seem to mind.

2 Likes

I entered one once.
Suffice to say, I did not win.

1 Like

I entered the Chima contest when it was around… I didn’t even like Chima. I was just bored. I didn’t win.

hahahaha

I just had to stop here and just be like

hahahahaha

What kind of argument is this

17 Likes

My cousin won the Mars Mission space-station contest. I was always too lazy to enter any until recently.

For banned parts, I’d say things like the SDCC exclusive sets, or limited run masks (___/200, etc.) should be banned.

1 Like