Lego Dimensions

The starter pack will have 269 Pieces, which means that will be $25-ish to $30-ish USD
It will include Batman, Wyldstyle, Galdolf and a mini Batmobile
The packs I see are:
Ninjago with Cole and Kai, with small Ninjago style bikes 97 pieces. Called the “Team Pack”
Back to the Future, with Marty, a mini DeLorean, and the pink hoverboard 94 pieces. Called the “Level Pack”
The Lego Movie, with Benny, and a mini Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! 46 pieces. Called the “Fun Pack”
There will also be a DC Comics, Lord of the Rings, and Wizard of Oz packs

Source of info

2 Likes

It is a Lego skylanders clone. Sorry.

3 Likes

Did more research.

Level Pack ($30): Marty McFly w/ miniature DeLorean and hoverboard.

Team Pack ($25): Kai & Cole w/ miniature Blade Cycle and Boulder Blaster.

Fun Pack ($15): Benny w/ miniature spaceship; Emmet w/ miniature crane; Unikitty w/ miniature Cloud Cuckoo Land plane; Legolas w/ miniature ballista; Wonder Woman with miniature Invisible Jet; Cyborg w/ miniature mech; Nya w/ miniature Samurai Mech; Gollum w/ miniature spider; Gimli w/ miniature battering ram; Wicked Witch w/ miniature blue flying monkey. There are others, but those are the only ones I’ve found so far.

5 Likes

Maybe the stands are what the game uses so we could take the figures or vehicles off.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking, because each stand has a stamp on it (I saw the Batman symbol on the stand Batman was on) in order for the user to recognize which figure goes to which base. Some of the figures appear to be slightly unique to the game.

1 Like

Yes…

3 Likes

They might have Bionicle for future versions. I can imagine two ways for Lego to do this: 1) make miniature Toa (like HF in Invasion from Below); 2) have a mask and a head for a certain Toa mounted on a disk.

7 Likes

So I’ve been seeing.

1 Like

I really hope they add some sort of way to include Bionicles, they were able to do it in the Lego Movie so its canon for the lego universe to have Bionicle!

2 Likes

Well, all I can say is I’m excited. I’m just hoping to God that this isnt another Skylanders ripoff…

1 Like

It’s like Skylanders with the swappable characters, but it’s Lego. You need to build the characters, vehicles, gadgets and portal yourself (but Lego gives you the parts and instructions).

2 Likes

Exactly- that makes it unique and good. I just don’t want Skylander-esque humor, story, and all that crap.

Other than that, the idea seems pretty good, I’m probably gonna pick it up.

2 Likes

I will. By then, I might, just might, have a summer job.

2 Likes

Seeing as your typical Lego set is expected to price out at $10 for every 100 parts in addition to the 60 dollar game included that’s actually an acceptable (though not optimal) price.

Since Skylanders is a game that I go to somebody else’s house and play, I doubt I’ll get this. Especially since I don’t own a console.

1 Like

Which means there’s, what, 15 additional dollars for the portal?

The starter pack is $100. The amount of Lego parts is about 269, meaning that the price for the pieces alone is within the $20-25 range. So the price for the portal base, 4 character bases, and any other hardware is about $75.

I suddenly realize that the Wii U version could have just taken advantage of the NFC portal and made it much cheaper.

1 Like

well that is until we factor in the fact that I used optimal prices for sets so many sets go above or below that limit. That and there are some pretty big licenses being used here.

I found a video from the Brickshow talking about the game. It has images for all of the known packs.

3 Likes