Lego Dimensions

There’s apparently a new Lego game coming out soon.

20 Likes

I swear to God, if this turns out to be nothing more than the Lego version of Skylanders ad Disney Infinity…

10 Likes

My hope is that it will be Lego universe done right.

3 Likes

More like Lego Minifigures Online done right. :wink:

At least LU was actually a good game as it was.

4 Likes

It’d better have Bonkles. Or else, it must be cleaned…

9 Likes

You mean vaporized?

3 Likes

I did some research. According to a different video, the starter pack includes three figures (Gandalf, Batman, and Wyldstyle) on their stands, the Batmobile on a stand, parts to build that portal thing, and the base for all of that. It functions very similarly to Skylanders and Disney Infinity.

The starter pack is $99, according to what the video learned from Toys-R-Us.

2 Likes

Hold on to your wallets guys there gonna get pretty empty.

Oh and I’m seeing WAY too much wizard of oz in this game so far but the back to the future elements may be cool.

1 Like

I saw Wizard of Oz, Back to the Future, Ninjago, Lord of the Rings, and some others.

Did some more research: apparently the supported consoles are XBox One, XBox 360, Wii U, PS4, and PS3.

Level packs include a whole new level, a minifigure, a vehicle, and a gadget. Only one I heard about is the Back to the Future pack. I think these are available in-game and will cost no actual money, but I’m not sure.

There is also the Team Pack ($25); it includes two minifigures and a vehicle or gadget. Only one I heard about for this was Kai and Cole (Ninjago).

Fun Pack ($15): one minifigure as well as a vehicle or gadget. Known ones include Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Gollum, Gimli, Legolas, Emmett, Bad Cop, Benny, Unikitty, Wicked Witch, Jay, Nya, and Zane.

More will be announced prior to the launch.

7 Likes

Pfft, if my money’s going into anything, it’ll be Bonkles, the Metroid Prime trilogy, and the Transformers IDW comic volumes. I’ve had enough of these types of games, and sadly Lego’s name on it isn’t going to help things. Not this time.

3 Likes

My family has the Disney Infinity game, but I don’t like that as well. I want this instead.

When I have more time, I’ll try and make a piece estimate on the starter pack in order to factor out the price of the bricks, to see how much the tech itself is.

2 Likes

It was kind of inevitable LEGO would go for something like this. Considering the appbrick, Fusion, and other interactive stuff, a toy-compatible game fits.

I’m sure AppLego is behind this in some capacity…XP

I still find it funny how TTV just talked about the whole toy-game figure concept. Too coincidental. XD

9 Likes

I understand the inevitibilility, but that doesn’t really make things any better.

1 Like

So this is how the LEGO Movie multiverse develops.

It looks interesting, but unless I get a job soon It won’t be worth the hundred bucks.

(Also this is another stage in AppLEGO development whoop)

8 Likes

Not really the Lego Movie universe; there is a new villain that is stealing stuff and is causing the separate realms to blur, or something like that. I heard a bit about the story.

3 Likes

If those minifigures are detachable i’m screwed.
If they aren’t i could care less.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are detachable, because everything in this is buildable. I think it would be nice if the figures are exclusive to the game and not available in other sets, meaning, that they are different in some way from their set form. Wyldstyle has her relic finder, which was never released in a set.

You do not need the figures on their bases to use them, I believe.

I just made a piece count attempt for the starter pack: the total amount of parts (base, figures, vehicle) appears to be between 250 and 350 pieces. Rather hard for me to tell.

Sets that have around this number of pieces cost around $20 or $30 dollars. Meaning, the price for all the tech (4 character platforms and portal base) is around $75.

4 Likes

Dumb trailer, really dumb.
But I’m excited for this.

1 Like

sees initial everythings

Doesn’t seem bad. I might get it.

sees price tag

http://i.imgur.com/tZOS8.gif

17 Likes

I’m gonna get it.

1 Like