Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

Eljay/Toa Scrub where do is send to you at when its done? File will be fairly large at around 400MB

Well better get to work, should probably be finishing my classes but this seems more important.

2 Likes

Imagine the flock new users coming in after finding this site :stuck_out_tongue:
…but considering that the age requirement is 13 I think, maybe not too many will be able to come in

i just discovered this topic a few minutes ago, and people are already on page 125, I won’t even bother :disappointed:

5 Likes

That being said I would archive that, but knowing my luck, someone would beat me to being first to submit it.

4 Likes

Someone seriously needs to ask Greg if we’ll be able to ask him questions somewhere else after all this. I don’t have a Lego Boards account so I can’t.

6 Likes

@Rockho. I think the boards just glitches for me. That or some serious time bend shenanigans are afoot.

2 Likes

Nope, I just edited my post after you posted

3 Likes

Welp, this is a thing…

I honestly don’t care, good luck to the archivers!

5 Likes

There you go. 103 pages. That’s as much as I can do. Obviously I won’t get a prize, but hopefully someone appreciated this effort. Done on an iPad 1.

Here’s proof.

The pic shows 20 screenshots. Each one is of 30 screenshots. Each one is a screenshot of a section of an lmb page.

A google doc is already assembled; PM me if you want it.

14 Likes

WAit lj

By complete
Do you mean it’s impossible to complete this before February?

3 Likes

Pretty much, but now is a good time to get a head start.

It’s also gonna make this a looot more competitive in February.

5 Likes

I got 1 page. Yay.

I’ll never catch up :persevere:

6 Likes

I checked the Wayback Machine, and the latest snapshot of the Chat with Greg is November 18, 2014, so it seems to me as though the first 550 pages are safe to a certain degree. https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20141118071353/https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/page/549

8 Likes

The entire community, including all forums and all content within them, will be taken offline permanently.”

Lego plans on systematically finding and killing everyone on the LMB as a response to the backlash against how they treated Bionicle… /s

Though in all seriousness, whatever they are planning on announcing will likely replace the Lego Message Boards, most likely the new app we’ve heard about that is effectively Lego’s own version of Facebook/instant messaging. Such a form of messaging would instantly make LMB redundant.

Though a more interesting thing to theorise is how many of the staff will actually use the new service… would Greg, someone who seems to have been kind of roped into doing Q&A answering continue on an App, especially after the death of G2 and the more toxic fanbase elements of the fanbase its created?

Its March 6th 2017… so its after, not between or before the read only date.

The mentallity for all should be that if you see something important you catalogue it immediately incase it gets taken down.

That way we dont result in another situation such as when a site crashes and information is lost or an improtant video of Bionicle is lost to the ages because nobody recorded it from the site. So much information could be lost due to people not following this basic idea.

9 Likes

I can’t say I have too strong a connection to the place, although I did make a couple topics, but it’s unfortunate Greg will no longer have any place to communicate with fans.

2 Likes

In my response, I said it is between the day the site goes down and the read-only mode date. That’s when I expect this to be done. And by getting all of it, we have a full data base. So that way we can look through it whenever we want to.

7 Likes

Actually, one of the mods there, WhiteAlligator, said this: “There is nothing specific taking the place of the message boards. It is just a general truth. It is the same for when themes or sets are retired.”

@Stoax As someone who has been on the LMBs since November of 2012, I can say, that I actually do have a really strong connection, I really felt at home there. Plus, the LMBs were the reason I went on Lego.com everyday. :sob: If it weren’t for the LMBs, I probably wouldn’t even be here talking to you all. :frowning:

While we welcome you, please read our rules. Double posting isn’t allowed, and we’re not exactly like the LMB. - Eljay

4 Likes

You know I would…

But a $40 LEGO set…not worth the time it would take and the life I would miss, especially when I can buy something better with Christmas money… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh man it’s finally over. The BIONICLE section is a mess. I wish they were preserving Greg’s topic, though.

4 Likes

Hi ajtazt! Glad to see some LMB members are over here.

What annoys me most about the cancellation is that I heard about it through TTV. Sure, there’s a topic on Community Chat, but I don’t go there, and I would imagine many other users being in the same boat. I would think they would spread this information like wildfire, seeing that it affects literally every person using them. Instead, I only found out because TTV made the video, and even then I hoped that they had been misinformed. Honestly I would have been just as surprised if the video was misinformation, but I expected that I would have heard about it from the Mods.

Most of the people on the Bionicle boards are pretty mature, thankfully.

1 Like

You should’ve seen when BIONICLE first came back.

insert PTSD flashbacks here

2 Likes