Legomationstudio

Post your thoughts on his content below!

6 Likes

I think he was the first guy I watched for Bionicle reviews. Those were the days…

14 Likes

I really liked his Brick-Con Preparation videos, but not much else. I think he doesn’t understand the sets and the story much and is not a part of the community anymore.

5 Likes

he is the wurst
will elaborate later

6 Likes

This guy is ok.

3 Likes

90% of what he does is blind causing the comment section to correct his mistake.
It unfortunate that he have very little to no time reviewing due to life. :cry:

3 Likes

Trust me, we have quite a few reviewers who did his job better, such as Eljay and Jang. He just doesn’t really give that good of a review in my opinion. My goodness, in his Breakout Evo Review (which he called 4.0) he brought out a mis-built Evo 2.0 for a comparison.

4 Likes

Well he did stated in the Breakout Furno review that he used the pieces for MOC’s.

2 Likes

back in the day legomation was one of of a close knit circle of biotubers I used to watch alot, his reviews were always slightly funny and he gave me information of whats new and what ill get when I have the set. How ever he turned bitter with hero factory and died off along with most of the circle, he kept making promises of a video detailing the story of bionicle up until he left for colledge. The fact that he came back and still does things the same way surprises me, considering most of his fans from that time would probably know what a good review looks like.

6 Likes

First Bio-tuber I’ve watched…
da memories

3 Likes

My first set was takanuva stars. I then spent a lot of time watching stuff about the stars. And then the glatorian. His vids were some of them. The memories. :relieved:

He sorta sux

4 Likes

He’s lucked out on having a fanbase that kind of doesn’t mind the quality of his content to be completely honest and will immediately attack anyone who comments differently to saying the review is awesome.

He seems to listen to criticism said to him on occasions yet other times insults people who offer him genuine advise. He gets things wrong constantly to the point where you question if he even knew anything about the set he was reviewing. It reeks of unprofessionalism and lack of attention to the sets and story that accompanies them. I’ve watched some of his reviews but the comments he makes all seem to be exactly what other people have said in a much shorter amount of time.

It feels like he goes with the general community opinion at the time via saying a set is good. I don’t think I’ve seen a review of his where he gives a set a rating lower than 9/10. Plus he constantly brings up Hero Factory as a comparison to most things and his comparisons with sets almost always feature poorly built or inaccurate builds.

He’s had videos interrupted by phone calls or family or friends that could have been edited out, but he didn’t care to do so. There are moments when he just stops talking about the set he is reviewing and other moments where he doesn’t actually make any sort of point. throughout the entire video merely stating what the set does. He critiques one set for not having elbow joints and then praises another set for articulation when it doesn’t have elbow joints. He gives sets ridiculous ratings regardless of his comments - a majority being 9/10 or 10/10 reviews for every set.

He has the ability to try and improve but he doesn’t seem to want to try, i feel that’s the worst aspect. That he could actually do amazing reviews if he actually brushed up his knowledge on sets and followed through with his own thoughts rather than fan-service. Its that potential to be amazing that makes me keep watching his content, because i really want him to succeed and be well-known making good content - because we really need more reviewers and if he actually voiced his own opinions based on what we know about the sets it could actually convince people to get them.

14 Likes

I know this isn’t a fair comparison, but Here is one of LMS’ Reviews:
[Might have some words that are seen as inappropriate]

And here is Eljay’s on the same sets:

Any thoughts?

4 Likes

That Eljay guy seems to have his stuff together.

and his thumbnail looks good, sleek and unique.

Legomation…is blurry, the sets are poorly displayed and looks like it is just…bland…

7 Likes

The fact that he reviews the sets on a carpet annoys me,it is not uniqe to me just seems unprofesional and lazy.

3 Likes

Legomationstudio was one of the few Biotubers I watched back at the day.
Watching his reviews right now in the present makes me think of him as a pretty generic reviewer who is a kid trying to act like a adult.

5 Likes

I watched his first video, and then his most recent video back-to-back.

…and he didn’t really improve. At all.

He still reviewed sets on the carpet (why?), he stutters too much, and it seems like he doesn’t even write a script, or at least think about what he’s going to say in the review. He doesn’t do research, and often describe old pieces as “new”, and honestly, it just sounds like he has no idea what he’s talking about.

I don’t know how he got so many subscribers. I assume it’s because he was one of the few Biotubers back when BIONICLE ended, so people had no choice but to like him? I really don’t know.

7 Likes

He still has good views.

1 Like

Not to be argumentative, but he basically puts every Bionicle set in the 8-9-10 point area.

2 Likes