Lucem, Toa of Light

Lucem, the strong Toa protector, and my Self-MOC.

Click here to see more pictures.

56 Likes

it’s really cool, but I just don’t see any light element in the moc

5 Likes

Are you sure he’s not a to of water? Jokes aside this is a really cool moc and very well built

1 Like

It was either light or water. He’s not female, so light it had to be. Honestly I don’t really care about the element enough to make it prevalent in his design? I guess I just needed him to be a Toa of something. His element isn’t important, it’s just something that’s there.

tl;dr I built him, realized he needed an element, found out beings of light can be whatever they color they want, and made him a Toa of Light because why not.

4 Likes

While I really like it as a moc itself, I’m not getting light in any way. Maybe shadow, but definitely not light.

See comment above yours. His element isn’t important, it’s really just tacked on.

1 Like

I like seeing how people can work around Metru blue; what accents they can add to compliment it and all. Lucem is no exception, the orange and gunmetal are integrated perfectly, neither overpowering the primary color. It creates a cool, futuristic effect that I really dig.

The design itself is also well executed, being consistently bulky and compact without coming off as clunky.

Overall, great job!

1 Like

seems very Psionics-based to me. Looks fantastic nonetheless!

I love the color scheme and the build is phenomenal. I’m impressed at the detail and the articulation within the torso.

1 Like

In light of what you said (pun definitely intended), I’m just going to imagine this character hide himself from the Brotherhood of Makuta by disguising himself as a Toa of Water.

I mean
He’s just a Toa of Light
Not in disguise or anything
Just an average Toa of Light

Yes, but that just what I’m going to imagine… I feel like I care WAY to much about this. I should probably be concerned about that.

Well, he’d have to be disguised, as in, have his colors changed like the Av-Matoran sets from 2008, since Toa of Light in their natural form are white and gold…

1 Like

Beings of Light could canonically be whatever color they wanted. Makes sense too - if they have control over light, they’d be able to control which wavelengths they absorb and reflect, thus changing their colors. He’s not disguised, just making use of his element.

1 Like