"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

My tiger is ready! (made from the ■■■■ contest enteris)

What do you mean?

Hey, if the fandom lasted 5 years after it was cancelled, they can go through the same hell again. This message boards, and the fact that I am writing this post right now and that you are writing your post, and that anyone else is writing a post in response to this topic is proof enough that it’ll survive in the fans.

6 Likes

I put my all into making my entry and I would like to keep it together for a long time. Unfortunately, I would have to use the pieces because I generally always am low on ball joints.

Congratulations, TolerantAxe97, I thought you deserved to win.

I’m sorry if someone thinks that this next comment to be off-topic.
I don’t think I would buy another Lego set in awhile. No, this is not an act of boycott, it’s just that without Bionicle, there is nothing interesting enough, to me, to buy. I might buy a lego set every now and then, but those sets would have to be very good. If Lego came out with a line like Bionicle or even brought back Lego Exo-force, I would become a regular consumer again but until then, just gotta stick to waiting.

That interesting, by now, us Bionicle fans would be used to waiting awhile. Now all we need is someone, at Lego, to be able to know how to handle Bionicle correctly. Then Bionicle would be able to get back to a state that is close to its glory days of G1.

1 Like

@Eljay This guy has the right idea. I never do anything only because i want to succede, i alomst always do it primarily becausen it is fun

Of the winners, I like three of them. Makuta the Cursed, Devourer of The Light and Makuta the Mask Breaker. I’ve been waiting to see the Kraata container’s lid be used in someone else’s MOC for years.

I’m not sure how any of you feel like this was a wasted effort.

I mean, sure, you put your effort into it. There were at least 500 or so Makuta sent in, and more of them are made by experienced MOCists. It’s not like your chances are better than some other person, or your probability for winning a random draw is more likely than some other person. Frankly, going in with a fantastic Makuta and knowing that you suck is better than expecting to win when your Makuta looks like cluttered plastic.

Besides, MOCing isn’t about showing off; it’s about having fun. After all, that’s why LEGO was created: for kids to play well.

5 Likes

This was a lot of fun. I only wish I had more time to make more entries. I had so many ideas that I didn’t get to try out due to time constraints.

Also, congrats to the winners!

2 Likes

Good to see the age-old tradition of “Build something completely unrelated and call it a Makuta” remains as viable as it was in 2008!

That said, the ones that took the time and effort to build something that actually looks like Makuta are great and deserving of that win.

6 Likes

build them anyway and post them here.

This may or may not be a little late but, Congratulations to all the winners!

3 Likes

@Torma it is never to late.

1 Like

So for those still following the MOC Makuta Contest online, they were supposably announcing the winners today @ 8:00.

THEY MOVED IT TO
#OCTOBER 28th, (2016) @ 8:00 A.M.!

:astonished: -Not Again!!

They already announced the winners.

3 Likes

@Tarvaax
I am aware of that. I’m just curious when they’ll actually have it up on Rebrick.

Hey thatch buddy! How ya doing? Yeah I’m curious as to whether they send one box full of the sets of two with one containing 2015 and the other with 2016

2 Likes

I’m doin’ good! Having some troubles with trying to figure out how to power miniature LEDs into my figures eyestalks for stop motion, and having a little toruble with that but otherwise doin’ good man. I’m happy a guy like you won who is easy to contact and nice.

I think this contest has been pretty good, it was a load of fun.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see someone do an unboxing video for the package of all the sets.

2 Likes

And post some of the pics from the Art Book (or maybe all of them?)!
:smiley:

Even though the winner moc has nothing to do with the designer, I won’t be surprise if someone tries to recreate all of them just like the one with MoUP.

1 Like