"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

In case I sell a set in the future; original packaging helps.

1 Like

I’d probably have them displayed on my shelf, and make some MOCs every now and then.
Maybe even keep my Makuta MOC intact if I do win.

I understand. Also, E-Matt, do you not have all the sets, if not most?

I have nearly all the 2015 sets, and maybe half of 2016. Haven’t had the chance to buy anymore recently.

Do not double post. Please read our rules. -Eljay

I have all the 2015 sets, and probably about one third of the 2016 sets.

I submitted it (Entry #45)!

And for those of you who have been so anxious (@Altair) , HERE IT IS!!

"Once a respected Mask Maker Makuta, Lord of Shadow, strikes fear into the residents of Okoto! With his mighty Chaos Hammer, Makuta will smash anything that gets in his way! Beware of his Shadow Shooter and its ability to turn even the worthiest hero into a servant of darkness! Makuta will stop at nothing to recover the Forbidden Mask of Ultimate Power and plunge the world into darkness!”

- Includes six-stud shooter, two (2015) arm functions, a (2016) hip function, and a Piece of Unity.

SIZE COMPARISONS:

JUST A COOL SHOT:

3 Likes

Its okay, Im not sure about the torso build though it seems to wonky to me, the technic bars stick out way too much.

1 Like

I like what you did with the lower legs.

1 Like

This is a really cool Uniter style Makuta!

2 Likes

I had a feeling someone would say that. The only way I could have covered it though would be to use the Onua 2015 chest-plate, but everyone was using that. But I didn’t want Makuta to look big, I wanted him to look TOUGH.

Not to mention, there kind of is a Nuva Symbol for Ultimate Power on Skull Basher’s chest plate.

I have an idea we should all spam the likes on our board members mocs in the competitions. Maybe some of us will get more noticed by Lego.

I mean there are other way probably to fix it try to use a shorter beam and try to give the torso more customable stuffs to make it flow, like uniter Tahu uses the orange bohrok eyes.

1 Like

I think that’s a good idea

1 Like

So here is a leg for my makuta moc :stuck_out_tongue:

Might have to make custom feet, i have most of my moc complete and its quite heavy haha

3 Likes

Here’s some resources on MOC photography. They’re helpful in the setup of the scene, but what I think will help more is actually explaining features of the camera like ISO or f-stop which unfortunately I haven’t found (for MOCists, I mean.)

2 Likes

http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=2eedd2cc-0af9-490a-ae7e-3b3403f6b610&nse=true

there mine is.

Here is a look at my WIP Makuta MOC. It’s a different color scheme than the Protector-sized Makuta, though. The torso design is something I had for a long time, and I figured, now was a great time to use it. I’ve been experimenting quite a bit on this model, and still have plenty to do. The legs are something I want to get right, so, if any of you all have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a bundle!

Without cape:

Back view:

Thanks for taking a look. I look forward to the suggestions!

6 Likes

This looks so good! however, this is mainly because of the photo quality. the actual moc is still good, but it doesn’t blow me away.

1 Like

I’ve decided to add some leg stability to my moc. I got it on one leg and it works well.

Comments?

15 Likes

6 Likes