Makuta's Army: Discussing Additional Villians and Minions

:blush: Oh, that’s, uh- that’s mine, isn’t it…

I honestly would think that Voriki would be a villain for that long, and would team up with the Toa after she overcomes her insanity.

1 Like

Yep bud, it is indeed :blush:

Voriki as a villain isn’t a bad idea, it’s basically the Green Ranger from Mighty Morphin, which is still a strong plot point.

2 Likes

the idea is that Voriki is at first helping Makuta out after becoming a “Toa” because she views him as someone who “knows of the threat that the Toa represent”, only for her to cut ties with him when she learns who he really is. She is still a foe to the Toa for a little while after that until she finally gets over the madness after having used so much of her power.

For why Voriki would suddenly call herself Annona, i could think the reason would be that in her madness she re-names herself after a notable warrior from the island’s past history.

Also, another part of “Voriki getting visions of the future” idea, is that it’s Karzahni who is giving those visions while she sleeps (and it’s not just Voriki, he also gives visions to Gali as well and a few others.) Not only that, but with those visions, Karzahni is using Makuta as a way to futher his own plans and manipulations without anyone knowing it.

1 Like

Karzahni is insane. I prefer the idea that he is trying to break out, so he is using Makuta. However, in different futures he has to give the visions to different people so he sometimes messes up, due to his confusion between realities. Hence why sometimes random people get visions.

my take on Karzahni’s personality is that he is crazy, but there is a reason for his strange behavior as the different futures he saw gave him different reasons to do what he did that caused the other two brothers to put him away. However after he was imprisoned by Ekimu and Makuta, his mental state only deteriorated, until he develops a split personality, one who wants to use their power to do good in the world, and one who wants to get back on everyone who they feel wronged them.

Also, in a pitch which i have been working on for some time now, there is no such thing as a seventh element, nor a seventh elemental lord. “Lightning Matorans” are actually matoran scientists from the six different tribes who together managed to find a way to harness and control the power of lightning. In a way, once Voriki harness the power from the lost city’s power core, she then becomes the first and only Matoran/Toa of Lightning. Also, there are no “Lightning Matorans” left as they either all died a long time ago, or they banished themself from the island after all the trouble their discoveries had caused, and even then, they could all still be dead given how many years had passes since that event.

This kind of makes me think back to a couple plot elements of Avatar the Last Airbender, where lightning was an extension of the fire element, and the fighting styles centered around the main elements branched off from manipulating spiritual energy from within. It sounds to me from your description that Elemental Lightning works in a similar fashion, but goes further to the point where it is actually weaponized.

I could actually see something like this happening given what we know from generations 1 and 2, for example, in the fourth installment of the DC comic series, Gali and Lewa were depicted as combining elemental water and air to create a storm.

Also, we could imagine the six primary elements as being similar to white light, and these elements are just the single white light broken down into six basic components like on the color spectrum. Each element corresponds to a certain “wavelength” for lack of a better term and this is my headcanon for how the Toa could create a seal with their elemental powers in G1. A crystaline protodermis casing for example, would be made of solidified light following this train of thought.

1 Like

there is a little more, like that these matorans did not just decide to try and harness the power of lightning, just for the heck of it. Instead there was a strange figure who inspired them to try and do this. This figure was a disguised Ekimu, who wanted to test out the free will and sentience of his creations.

The seventh city was also not just experimenting with the power of lightning, after harnessing it’s power, they started to experiment with the other elements, creating masks of power, runes that was stored with elemental energy that could be used in powering different devices and even boost an individual’s elemental powers and more. It’s because of this rapid advance, however, that things started to go south and which lead to Makuta and Ekimu’s battle which ended with both being imprisoned by the elemental lords.

An idea that i got after this, was that the different matorans in the current day and age of Artakha, has different views on the remaining technological relics that they still find. Like the Earth matorans having a sort of Luddite mindset, destroying the relics and forbidding anyone from studying them (just imagine what this would mean for someone like Nuparu) were as the Fire matorans would actually want to get their hands on any of those relics, with the reason being that they want to learn how they work in order to futher protect themself against a possible Ice matoran attack (the Ice matorans have a similar mindset towards the relics.)

1 Like

Has there been an order of age for the Great Beings yet? I always thought Karzahni would be cool as the oldest or the youngest “child”…

ok but you metioned the bohrok being aliens so why would it be different? and I like the mask idea though just touching it won’t work more like energy blasts from the mask that infect just saying

1 Like

I have never mentioned the Bohrok as aliens, nor have I made a pitch about them, you may be thinking of someone else.

As to how the mask works, it would basically follow the rules of Loki’s scepter from avengers, if you touch the target for long enough, you take control and influence them.

ok I didn’t mean you and how can you get millions of them in enough time like that?( I was going for the great wall setup if you don’t know what it is here’s the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVw9YdP1O-0

The way I proposed it would be like an infectious mask. You touch it, the mask modifies your mask into a copy, and you become infectious. Then the growth is exponential, capped by the population size. Like zombies, except they are shadow monsters now.

@odnanref101993 well good but there aren’t that many matoran on arthraka maybe I’ll go with my first idea about being made of shadow elements not sure about a zombie apocalypseyou know what this will give you an idea of what I mean:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVw9YdP1O-0

Whoa, wait a second, I thought there was a lot! They made an estimate on a podcast, is that where you got this? Because I don’t remember the number…

no my imagination and I didn’t know my idea was canon is it?

Here is an estimate brought forth when they where answering General Questions

Given it is 100,000 per region the total population would be around 600,000 half a million. That compares to the global human population in the early 1700’s (18th century). That does not sound too small.

1 Like

Global human population being 600 000 in the 18th century? What? Add at least three zeros.

Yeah, my mistake.

that population was around the year -30 000 BC.

how does one confuse ad ~1700 with 30,000 bc

I read 0.6 billions as 600 000

1 Like