MOC: Makuta Icarax Revamp

Hey, it’s YoYo back at it again.

I took a break from uploading my rahkshi-head MOCs to build this guy. Icarax has always held a very special place in my heart, since I only got into Bionicle around 2005. Because of that I never got the chance to own the big Makuta Teridax set and I was super bummed about that. So, imagine my surprise and excitement when Lego is just like “hey here’s another Makuta with a mask of shadows designed for metru heads.” For me, Icarax was basically my Teridax, he got priority on shelf display next to Toa Ignika, and although he wasn’t the best character by a long shot, his death was the most metal thing imaginable (dude got freakin ripped into atoms by his own haywire teleportation powers, after having the mask of life LITERALLY DE-EVOLVE HIM, which was canonically “very painful.” What a way to go).

Anyways, here he is in all his glory.

This time, images can be found on my Imgur HERE (let me know if the pictures don’t work)
And, my Deviantart HERE

As per usual, criticism is welcome and appreciated, and more will be coming soon! Thanks for sticking around :3 .

-Yo_Yo_Piraka

49 Likes

Those shoulders. Whyyyyyy! They are way to big

1 Like

I have to disagree. The shoulders look awesome! They remind me of Samus, or Warhammer.

Love this MOC, the proportions are god and he looks formidable! My only complaint would be that it looks a bit messy, but the build looks solid!

6 Likes

Yes, exactly what I was going for! Icarax was always described as a brute or a warlord, so I wanted him to have an imposing figure, with the huge shoulder pauldrons. As for the clutter, that’s mainly a byproduct of the fact that i only really used ccbs for the ankles, and the rest is pure G1 pieces, with all their varying textures. Personally I enjoy a cluttered/greebily MOC and thats the look I was trying to emulate.

1 Like

Looks good!
Really, really good!
It looks so strong and threatening.
Those shoulders are really cool.
Keep it up!

1 Like

For some reason this reminds me more of Teridax than Icarax. Still a good MOC, just doesn’t convey the right character to me.

1 Like

This is impreeesive! It’s so big and menacing! GREAT job!

1 Like

Awesome work! I love those shoulders and the chest work on this build and the back is great! Also good proportions.

1 Like

Reminds me a lot of Teridax16’s Makuta teridax moc

3 Likes

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3 Likes

Definitely is space marine-esque, it looks fantastic, the only bit lacking appears to be the lower arms, they’re a tad bit bare.

1 Like

Holy cow this is cool! If I had to complain, I don’t exactly understand why you didn’t change the weapon size. 9.1/10

1 Like

Looks cool, the shoulders are a great touch, as I feel set Icarax was too spindly- even if you think of him being a “otter mode” type of warrior, he definitely needed some more bulk. But I do miss the original foot design, and I feel the gunmetal makes him too close to Teridax, ironically enough.

1 Like

why do Icarax MOCs keep landing on the front page?

Looking pretty good to me, though as others have stated, he does resemble Teridax quite a
little bit.

2 Likes

I appreciate the shoulders, but the shape of the piece used here is super distracting, unlike the smooth paladins of Samas or a Space Marine.

1 Like