Nightshade the Poisonbeast

I wish I had purple bohrok eyes to use for the toes. But they don’t exist in purple.

I painted the chest black with Games Workshop brand paint.

Back

Prisma

60 Likes

Holy underused color combination Batman!

7 Likes

As usual, this MOC is great. You could’ve used the purple claws on the fingers for the toes as well, I guess. Or painted Bohrok eyes purple, if you really wanted them. The technic pieces work well enough for toes though. They just look a bit awkward imo.

Besides that, this is another great MOC.

3 Likes

Thanks! I tried using the same design for the feet as the hands. But having “toes” on the feet just looked ridiculous.

1 Like

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=x346&idColor=16#T=S&C=51&O={“color”:“51”,“iconly”:0}

The Bohrok eyes exist in trans-purple, they are stupidly expensive though. Only released in an old, expensive and quite rare set:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=3808-1#T=S&O={“iconly”:0}

Nice MOC!

1 Like

Trans-purple isn’t purple though. I couldn’t have regular dark purple for the fingernails and trans-purple for the toes. That’d be weird.

And like you said, they’re really expensive. If I wanted to have enough for both the fingers and toes (16 of them), it’d be like $50. Yikes.

1 Like

That’s the story of every MOCer’s life, every piece exist in every color except for the one you need.

Nothing blocks a creative flow more than realizing that the piece you need don’t exist, or cost half a fortune.

2 Likes

Can you pose Nightshade and Sunbane together, or did you already destroy one/both of them?

Indeed I will. Along with a 3rd Chi MOC I’m working on today. This time using the black panther head.

Cool! I can’t wait to see.

1 Like

Wh-hu-how? I want it! Anyway great moc ur one of the MOCers I really admire so keep building ! also a tutorial on this moc wold be cool.

1 Like

Thanks cotorax. I wish I had the time to do tutorials for my MOCs. But they are so time consuming. Takes me way longer to do a tutorial than to actually build the MOC. But if you have a specific question about how I built a certain part of it, I’ll gladly break it down for you an provide close up pics if need be.

1 Like

The body

1 Like

I’ve since take this guy apart, but I the body is pretty easy to remake. I can probably snap a few pics to show you how to do it.