Ninjago 2018 General Discussion

I haven’t seen this season yet, can someone explain what this Son of Garmadon stuff is about? It seems cool and I’ve seen the sets. My head canon is that Garmadon had children?

1 Like

Garmadon isn’t exactly around to have children. If you really want to know what’s going on, it’s best to just watch the new episodes.

the “Sons of Garmadon” is a cult. Lloyd is the only true son of Garmadon that excist.

2 Likes

Or maybe he have a secret twin sister!
Hmmmmmmm… Ninjago conspiracy?

where did you even get that idea?

2 Likes

@nexolo
Yes, I have seen the new episodes, I was moreover referring to the idea that Mr. E and Zane are related

@IllustriousVar @Mesonak
Here’s information to consider.
One of the main producers for the show, Tommy Andreasan, has a huge passion for Star Wars.
Like, he absolutely loves it.

His kids are actually named Luke and Leia

So the possibility that they’re going to pull a “Luke & Leia” with Lloyd and Harumi significantly increases.

Also, will episode coverages for Sons of Garmadon be done weekly? Or will you do them two by two.
Also, please don’t watch the new teasers, do a live reaction like you did last time.
Thanks

TheRockBrick

i wonder if the Oni Masks also work on robots.

The reason why, is because, if they do work on robots, then maybe Mr. E is Echo Zane, who, as we must remember because of Jay’s final wish at the end of Skybound, was never discoverd by the Ninja.

2 Likes

I would be inclined to say yes. Mainly because Mr. E talking backwards practically confirms he’s some sort of a robot/android/cyborg

Seems likely, as I do remember a rumour of him returning in an upcoming season.
This then begs the question, why would he be evil?

Tommy Andreasan did confirm that we would be getting an explanation on where Zane got his powers from this season… This is definitely connected to Mr. E somehow…

He is called Mr. E.

‘E’ could stand for Echo…

2 Likes

Hmm…

Either it’s name is short for Mr. E vil or a pun: :nerd:

In other obscure news;

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4742/40048991822_680659b27c_c.jpg

Lego Stores is hosting a Spinjitzu event during March.

2 Likes

In the latest episode called Oni and the Dragons, we saw Harumi’s real parents on a picture.

2 Likes

Whoops! Completely forgot about that…

I would have said that the photo might be a fake that the royal family gave to her, but she appears in the photo.

Guess that practically rules out that theory…

Yeah, I’m not sure that the Oni masks can work on non-organics like Echo-Zane, but we’ll still have to see.

Edit: I have just watched the new episode, and, I must admit, I am officially jumping aboard the “Harumi-is-a-villain” band-wagon. Albeit there wasn’t any huge or drastic clues to that within this episode, I find some of the actions performed to lead to that.

Besides that, I guess I’ll avoid spoilers towards everything else for a few days.

[spoiler]well, after having watched the new episode, it looks like my question of the masks working on non-organic beings was confirmed.

Weather or not it really is Echo Zane that is under the helmet, is still unknown however.[/spoiler]

5 Likes

Can we talk about how Zane’s powers are finally getting explained? The Master of Ice visitted him!

1 Like

Yes!
I absolutely loved that scene.
It brings up so many questions though…

Is it possible to just “give” someone your elemental power, or is it more complicated, involving the use of materials like Chronosteel and Vengestone?

They mentioned that The Master of Ice was ill… could this mean that he transferred part of his body and soul into Zane, as a way of carrying on the elemental ancestry???

EDIT:
@LeKrahka
What actions are you referring to?

The only one I can think of is how the S.O.G suddenly find out Zane’s a spy, and how a couple minutes prior, Harumi “went off to do something more useful…”

1 Like

Yep, pretty much just what you mentioned.

Can we talk about how this episode reveals that Wu knew Zane’s past all along and just didn’t tell Zane back in season 0 and 1?

~W12~

2 Likes

True… potential…?

(Yeah I got nothing)

1 Like

What about his true potential?

Are you saying that the reason Wu didn’t tell Zane about his past, was so that he could unlock his true potential. Makes a lot of sense, especially with the whole “lost and found” part.

Also,
Yay. 100 Posts. xD

EDIT:
First Reactions to watching Episode 79 of Sons of Garmadon (No Spoilers)

So I just watched episode 79…
I’m absolutely speechless…
There was so much drama and action and… even horror…

Those first few minutes left me absolutely gobsmacked…
When Tommy said we’d know by the fifth episode why a poppy rock song wasn’t used, I wasn’t expecting this…

2 Likes