Nuva Cube (3D Printing)

I’ve longed desired to make the Nuva Cube using a 3D Printer and I was finally able to. I found a 3D rendering of the cube and the symbols on Thingiverse and used a 3D printer at the local university to make it.

The support were a bit difficult to get out and the edges got scuffed because of it.

I also made Tahu’s Symbol. NOTE: Because the interlocking pieces were the exact same size in the rendering I downloaded, they won’t fit together. I had to shrink the interlocking pieces on Tahu’s Symbol to make it fit. Even after that, I had to work the symbol and cube a lot so that the symbol would come on and off easily.

I’ve saved the best images for last.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/354/d/3/nuvacube06_by_evaron-d8akyxh.jpg
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/354/b/a/nuvacube07_by_evaron-d8akyx3.jpg

I am amazed the Bohrok-Kal were able to seal the Nuva Symbol because there arms are a bit short and their hands are not made to grab things.

42 Likes

Soon as I have access to a 3D printer, I’m printing this :smiley:

Would be nice if there were someone making Kanohi files on thingoverse that could be printed out…

5 Likes

This is amazing! A great way project to use a 3D printer for!
-Oonie

1 Like

that is freaking legit I want one

1 Like

Oh mang.

Now I want one.

3 Likes

Awesomeness. The wonders of 3D printing can bring wonderful things!

2 Likes

This right here…

drools intensively

3 Likes

Wow, this is great.

wow, just wow!
Will you paint it or keep it white?

I hope he paints it silver. That would be AWESOME!

1 Like

@Nopasino @Chronicler I was thinking about painting the insides with “Glow-the-Dark” Paint and the outsides gray stone.

5 Likes

Ooh… That would be excellent. It would look cool, too!

cool!

This is really cool. I like it a lot.

I had another Nuva Cube printed in a attempt to get more flush conners. It turned out beautifully, except there’s a hole in one conner and Tahu’s symbol got a little warped. Still cool though.

I found I could compensate the flaw by balancing it on one conner, which also gives it a really cool look.

Then I made a third Cube, trying to improve on the second. Here’s a look at what it looks like with the manual made supports the were on it. It reminds me of the Cube-thing from the first Transformers movie.

And here’s a look at this Cube without the supports. It still has a flew minor flaws but still looks pretty cool.

Also, do to some miscommunication at the printing lab Lewa’s symbol was printed before I could resize it. So I’m not sure what to do with it.

So here’s what all my Nuva stuff looks like together.

10 Likes

I’ll take it.

1 Like

I thought about having Lewa’s symbol and/or the second Nuva Cube as a MOC prize, or maybe I’ll just trade it.

Hey @Nyran @Chronicler am I allowed to give a Nuva Cube/ Symbol as a MOC prize, or do I have to be a Master to do that?

Umm…

That’s an admin question. As soon as I’m able, I’ll have myself or another mod like @Chronicler or @MT_Zehvor ask one of them.

I honestly dunno. I don’t think it’s against any rules, but uh, better safe than sorry.

I dunno. Maybe he should consult with Kahi. I mean, as long as he does not reveal any vital info and only mailing info can be sent through a Private Message, I’m sure he might be okay. Just ask the admins, @tahtorak

Conferring with the Higher-Ups has granted me an answer.

You are good to go with your context/prize giveaway, so long as you and the winner are okay with exchanging information in private, and understand the consequences of such.

But yah, you’re totally okay to a contest for it hosted on here. ^^