Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“I’ll take first watch.” Blaze said as he got a firepit started up.

Dakron followed Rena. He signed “Thank you” and sat down.

Rena could not understand what Dakron said, so she turned to Blaze.
“Don’t you think we need to make a fire first?”

“Perhaps if you’d like to move the gukko to a more appropriate location I can have it done by the time you return.”

“Now, what can I do for you?”

“Have you seen Blaze? I think he went off to do something with my friend.”

1 Like

She sighed before jumping on the Gukko and taking off.

1 Like

Blaze nods and looks for suitable materials for a campfire.

Ekimu glowers at the mention of his one-time apprentice. After a moment he realizes that the stranger had done nothing to warrant such a reaction, and turns his sour expression towards the clouds.

“Yes, Blaze has run off on another adventure. Where he went is no business of mine, it seems. Unfortunately I have no guidance to give you on their whereabouts, though I wish you luck finding them. If you do meet Blaze, however, it would be kind of you to remind him that our business is still unfinished. He shall know what I mean by that.”

1 Like

Streke sighed. “Ah. Well, thanks anyways.” He turned and walked down the steps towards the Gukko station.

1 Like

Ekimu nods. “Farewell; I wish you safe travels and good fortune.” He watches the Okotan go, then turns to enter the Forge. A few minutes later he’s working dutifully with hammer and chisel, chipping away at a small piece of stone…

2 Likes

Streke walks up to the Gukko station and pays for one of the large birds. He hops on and flies up into the air, before flying off.

1 Like

“Ah, the city of the Mask makers,” Traykar grinned, stepping towards the large bridge connecting the city to the other side of the ravine.

3 Likes

@BlackBeltGamer98 Rena helped him.

“So,” Blaze said, “Why is your life at risk for the sake of hunting down The Traitor?” He asked as he picked up some twigs for kindling and a few dry logs of wood.

“I still don’t understand why you all call him that.”

“Ugh… yeah, okay. Wait… hold on, they…” Her eyes widen at the memory, “They attacked our village! What happened?! Is everyone okay? Did they all get… please tell me they’re okay… I’m not exactly a people person, but… that village is the closest thing I have to a family.”

1 Like

Blaze explained that Ekimu and Makuta, when Makuta was still good, had met a warrior with Psionic gifts and believed himself to potentially be a Toa of that power.

He was trusted by the Mask Makers and probably also the islanders for a time until he wanted to claim the full power of a Toa.

In his desire for that power he tried to claim the Mask of Psionics but was defeated and sealed away while Makuta alone hid the Mask of Psionics to prevent anyone from abusing its power and to keep that power away from The Traitor, branded so because of his turning against the island and its people in his attempted grab for power, should he return.

“Aand where did he came from?”

Blaze shrugs, “I don’t know.” He said.

“I mean, is he even from Okoto?”