Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Keya nods and lays down to sleep, holding her gun close, just in case.

Hitora hops up onto a sturdy tree branch and tries his best to sleep, but finds it difficult, considering all the things, and people, on his mind.

1 Like

Ekimu sighs - first with relief that the company was still in good health, then in weariness at Gladius’s controlling attitudes. He should’ve expected something like this to happen; his foresight really wasn’t what it used to be.

“You more than proved yourself in the battle against Makuta three years ago; I extend my invitation for you to join their quest without hesitation, should that be how you wish to solve this issue. Otherwise… perhaps meeting the group upon their arrival in Karios might ease Gladius’s anxieties enough that he will be less obstructive. Regardless, Azure’s decisions on this subject are her own; it is not his place to dictate who she speaks with and what decisions she makes. You may tell him I said that, if he makes a fuss of it.”

2 Likes

“I want to join the group just to tell her the message. However, Gladius won’t believe me if I just say him that you allow me to join.”

1 Like

Streke, who was about to leave, turned towards the stairs.
“I hope that’s him…”

1 Like

Ekimu heaves another weary sigh. “Indeed; Gladius is quite the stubborn warrior. If you have a moment to spare, I might devise something to assure him you indeed carry my word.”

As Ekimu and Athena are currently on the steps leading up to the Forge, Streke is either walking towards them on his way out of the Temple or had already passed Ekimu without realizing it. (@meepinater)

2 Likes

Streke walked towards them. “Hey! Mr. Ekimu! Can I ask you something?”

1 Like

“Hm?” Ekimu turns slightly, regarding the new arrival. “Yes, one moment.”

1 Like

Streke nodded and waited patiently.

1 Like

“Mhmm…” Ilza nods, clutching her head as a throbbing pain starts to set in, “Did I hit my head or something…? This all feels like a weird dream…”

1 Like

“A skull spider hitched a ride on your face. You should be glad you’re still alive.” She said with a shrug.

1 Like

“That’s, uh, not quite what happened…” Jaspar says, looking anywhere but at Ilza.

“There was a skull spider,” Lync says bluntly, crouching down next to Ilza and nodding with agreement to Kryuna. “It only had you for a few days; none of the effects will be permanent. Right now you just need rest and recovery.” She stands again, looking around. “And right now we’re in the middle of the wilderness, so rest and recovery aren’t exactly options. Jaspar, what’s our closest town?” The adventurer stares at the ground, muttering to himself.

“Well, there’s Windridge, Drybrook, uh…”

“Something not in the desert?” Lync says, shaking her head.

“Oh. That’s going to be even farther out of our way, but if you insist. Maybe… Underhill? Yeah, that’d be our best bet at this point. We can be there in a few hours - no, a day.” Jaspar nods, satisfied with the answer. Lync looks to Hiraeth and Kryuna.

“Care to join us, Echo? If there’s Skull Spiders about, there’s safety in numbers… though you managed them just fine yourself.” (@Axels)

4 Likes

Hiraeth winces ever so slightly. “That’s, uh, not my name. Hate to break it to you so bluntly, but it never was. Real names Hiraeth.” He looks back at Kryuna, wanting confirmation if they would go with her or not. (@TheMOCingbird)

3 Likes

“Oh.” Lync thinks for a moment, then shrugs. “Well Hiraeth, offer still stands.” She looks to see Kryuna’s response as well; Hiraeth answered to her, apparently.

2 Likes

“Wait… Skull Spiders? Those… one of those… things got me?!” Ilza snapped, suddenly her body language much more irritated.

3 Likes

Kryuna ignored Ilza’s question as she responded. “Well, I don’t see why not. Beats going on a wild guko chase to find Tsim Krad.”

OOC Axels, in case you missed it, dark blade got retconned out. Kryuna and Hiraeth are just two mercenaries that work work together.

3 Likes

“Tsim krad?” Lync’s eyes narrow, and her face becomes grim. “Did you have a death wish? Why would you ever want to go there?”

Jaspar nods solemnly. “I… I’m sorry. We’re going to get you to safety now.”

1 Like

Ooc- yeah, I remember seeing that

Ic- Hiraeth finally sheathes his weapons, and sighs slightly. “Well, let’s get out of this cursed region.” He mumbles afterwards, “always hated the desert”.

2 Likes

@jayzor17 Athena rolled her hand in the air, physical sign that she’ll wait. It was only then when she realised that Streke was there too. She rolled her eyes and stopped a hard facepalm in the very last moment, before whispering to Ekimu.
“Do it faster. Now.”

As the sun fully set down, Rena stopped on the side of a wide, deep ravine in the heart of the mountains.
“Let’s camp here this night.” She said to the others.
@BlackBeltGamer98 @meepinater @Jcton

1 Like

Streke rolled his eyes in response.

Dakron nodded, sitting down unsteadily. He could hear the sounds echoing off the ravine walls and iy was making him nervous.

2 Likes

Rena looked for a few moment at Dakron before sighing. She approached him and lead him to the safest place, the furthest point of the ravine, right next to the wall of the mountain.