Okotan Adventures

OOC: Eric is kinda stupid.
Well, whatever you do, you can’t kill Mark.

“Lync,” Stranger explains.

OOC: is one of Nahgor’s voices female?

1 Like

OOC: Eric has a literal gun pointed at Mark’s head. And from what I know about guns, that’s a killing shot if it hits and it’s also a pretty close range.

I’m confused; how is a shot to the head that is effectively at point blank range from behind made by an invisible attacker something that Mark could survive? I’m sorry if that sounded really angry, I am just legitimately confused as to how that makes any sense.

2 Likes

OOC: Sigh. He has an armed gun pointed to his head, but this is not deadly if he don’t push the trigger, which he won’t, because he is not allowed to, because until I say so, Mark won’t die.

OOC: Eric is victim of a severe misunderstanding, not stupid. There’s a difference

Ehhhhh, we’ll see. Sometimes letting a character die can lead to growth and development for other characters[quote=“BlackBeltGamer98, post:12925, topic:42569”]
I’m confused; how is a shot to the head that is effectively at point blank range from behind made by an invisible attacker something that Mark could survive? I’m sorry if that sounded really angry, I am just confused as to how that makes any sense.
[/quote]

OOC: He shouldn’t be able to survive, but eh

IC: Eric takes his time lining up the shot, then fires the shot.

1 Like

OOC: NO NO NO NO NO. This doesn’t happen because Mark can’t dodge it and I don’t want him to die. This doesn’t happen. No.

OOC: and thus it’s pretty much a deadlock? One that gets broken either by Eric revealing his presence or you giving the green light to kill Mark?

@Runa @Tarkur after another time skip, Kavix and company were in the Region of Jungle.

OOC: @Toa_Vladin no big deal, just don’t have the shot kill Mark. You’re in control of him, after all.

OOC: 1 is a gruff male voice
like this

2 is a soft female voice
like this

3 is basically static forming words

1 Like

OOC: Shrugs

It’s been Eric’s goal the entire time. Letting a character die isn’t always a bad thing. I mean, the “no character can die with consent” sorta makes it hard to kill somebody, but it doesn’t mean you can say “your character can not make any actions against mine.”

OOC: @L.O.S.S-KAL. Thanks.

IC: “I mean, you’re nice, too,” Stranger clarifies.

OOC: Firstly, I gotta go. Killing a character need time to make the other characters to react to this, especially when there are 4 other characters. Secondly, you just can’t convince me to make Mark die. The shot didn’t happen and deal with it.

1 Like

“Stop encouraging her!” barks 1
OOC: no problem

1 Like

OOC: @Toa_Vladin again, the shot was fired. But you still get to decide if it killed Mark. You can have the round just graze him, if you like.

iC: @L.O.S.S-KAL “Well, she is!” Stranger defends himself.

That was one heck of a time skip Tarkur thinks to himself looking at the vastness of the jungle

1 Like

OOC: Or put him in a coma.

1 Like

1 starts grumbling
“Ignore him I keep him with me for physical strength not his swamp of a personality”

OOC: The shot happened, and I expect a response. Sure, other characters can react, but they wouldn’t be able to stop the bullet.

I would greatly object to that. Eric spent a decent amount of time aiming, and this is a single shot indoors with the target having no idea he is being targeted. The chances of it missing are pretty low. Now sure, the bullet might not be fatal immediately, but it’d be a pretty serious wound.

OOC: This is really the best alternative, assuming that Mark receives medical help in time and all. However I’d say it’s equally likely that he’d die.

4 Likes

OOC: @KAI_BORG whichever works.

@Omega_Tahu alright. Just trying to find a compromise.

IC: @Tarkur @Runa “How’re you two holding up?” Kavix asks .

@L.O.S.S-KAL Stranger shrugs.

OOC: Wasn’t there a mask of healing/revival though?