Okotan Adventures (RP Signup)

Ok, cool.

1 Like

Heh, didn’t expect that. Maybe I should make her come back before this thing ends…?

3 Likes

Only if you want a Ghabix felt in love.

you should continue it after the 4th/s?

2 Likes

@Runa is it fine if I add Azure’s powers from IOM

The powers are:
Limited stealth: Lets Azure turn invisible at will for 1 hour a day
Substitution doll: When activated a physical copy of Azure is created like a doll. It uses Azure’s energy to be activated.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Alright, considering the escapades in Okotan Adventures, I’m going to rant now. Specifically to @Runa, @Toa_Vladin, and the rest of those playing this RP. Perhaps one of the worst staple rules of TTV RPs has finally proved to be a major issue, and I’m putting my foot down about it, and while putting my foot down will do little to nothing for the majority of TTV’s RPs, maybe it’ll convince someone who actually has a presence in the community to make a difference.

Specifically, this incredibly childish skirmish between @Toa_Vladin and most of the active players in this RP: the Killing of Mark.

Firstly, I’d like to make it clear that nowhere in this RP does it say that a player needs permission from another player to allow them to kill that character. Check the rules.

Secondly, ‘I can’t detect him’ < ‘I have created a superior character with far more capabilities and who is slightly overpowered; I am also a skilled player who knows how to fairly adapt the powers and limitations of the character that I wield to develop them further, and I am now in a position where I am going to kill another character whilst following the logic of my own character and the identity I have created for him over a very long time and restraining myself to the limited capabilities and weapons my character has, will carry out this assault and face the in-RP consequences for this deed.’

Which you don’t make any less true with this following statement:

Arguably one of your most underdeveloped characters ad by far the most disappointing of the group, any other character of yours is a better character than Mark is. Vladin is very annoying and hypocritical, but it’s part of his character and it plays well - Rena is hyperdefensive and snappy, but it’s part of her character - Athena is vicious and irritating, but it’s true to her design - and Ghabix is childish and rude, but it’s who he’s become. Mark hasn’t become anything at all, but stayed a singular mass of problems, undefined character changes, and practically nothing shapes him, not even having his head beat into the dirt in front of the entire population of Okoto.

You’ve been presented with a very unique opportunity to release from your custody some unwanted baggage in the form of your most underdeveloped and pointless character, Mark, in return for unbridled developmental potential for all the rest of your characters. And this is how you responded:

Come on dude, it’s an imaginary character in an RP which you have four other characters in. As a veteran of classic Bionicle RPs, this is beyond ridiculous. Such tomfoolery would be considered a candidate for booting a player from the game, back in the day.

Now that I’ve covered @Toa_Vladin’s side of the issue, it’s time to be a little less grating to the person who built and runs the RP.

I really don’t understand why you did this. Nowhere in your own rules does it say that this curse to the TTV RPs holds power. Nor does it say it in the updated rules for all RPs to abide under:

Now I understand that the deed is done, but on the Fourth of July the entire RP and all others in this subforum will be shut down by the moderators, which will force you to remake the original and OOC topics to compensate, and to abide by the new rules mentioned here. Therefore, there’s a way to ensure this sort of commotion doesn’t happen again.

As a final takeaway from all of this, I used to e involved in RPs where the player count was massive and the types of players were ruthless. I used to crumble back as the more powerful characters stalked into the room and beat up everyone who didn’t have a proper defensive player. I tried to break the system by cheating and metagaming, and it cost me quite a bit. But I eventually had to realize this is just a game, these are all imaginary characters, and if they’re so desperately special to you, don’t put them in a RP.

i mean no animosity to anyone involved in this RP, bu I plead that those of you affected by this nonsense will help to ensure it doesn’t occur again - and I don’t mean never have your character attempt to kill another, or even succeed. @Omega_Tahu didn’t do anything breaking the rules, bending the rules, or any other misdeed against the RP format. He directly countered the scourge, and @Toa_Vladin defended said scourge. And here we are.

6 Likes

Gen1? :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said. After being on a couple other RPs I think the whole thing with characters not dying without consent has been taken too far and too literally. I think it was supposed to be more a counter to people auto hitting and killing a character, without the character getting a chance to react.

3 Likes

First of all, yes. I was a little childish, but that’s only because I want to play them. Is there a problem in keeping your characters? As you said, the other 4 have their characteristics and everything. Let me build Mark the same way. He is the newest of them all. He has a relationship with Capella. Give me time.
And I understand that this is a game after all, but I want to take it seriously. My character would react in different ways if Mark would have been killed. And for this I need time. I didn’t have this time yesterday because, again, it was night for me and I had to go.
My only wish is for them don’t to die. Or even if they die, I want them to have the chance to protect themselves.

When they force other characters to not abide by the rules of the game, yes, very much so. And that’s something I learned without having someone to kindly write up a full wall of text for me to follow.

They have character, but if you noticed my description, those character traits are all negative. If they’re supposed to be slightly immoral thorns waiting to stick into someone’s side, then you’ve done a really good job writing them that way.

Let me spell it out for you: This isn’t your game. Life isn’t fair, and neither is any RP; characters can and sometimes will die, and unless you’re the person running the RP, you have no say otherwise.

A Skakdi I had in an RP died in the stupidest fashion possible once I ran him through an electric field. There was a commotion as I viciously fought the moderators to keep him alive, but there was no logical way he could have survived, and I had to force myself to see that.

The same goes for this RP, this circumstance, and any that follow it.

Like I said, if you want that, you can make an RP where that is a major rule. Until then, use this as a learning tool, and if you’re fearing your characters might die, learn from it, and don’t get so attached next time. There’s no reason not to like your ow characters you make, but when you’re fighting off other characters who aren’t doing anything wrong, just to ensure your character lives, you’ve turned your character into the problem.

Sigh
Fine. Next time I’ll let them die. OK?

1 Like

Yeah, I gotta agree with this. I understand wanting to keep your characters alive, but it becomes a problem when it causes this much disruption and OOC chaos. Chaos that was frankly unnecessary. @Toa_Vladin If you wanted Mark to live so badly, you could’ve just had the bullet not kill him. As we discussed in the PM, people have, on admittedly extremely rare occasions, survived shots to the head. He would’ve required medical attention, yes, but Blaze probably could’ve called down a Gukko to fly Mark to a hospital in the ancient city because he and his parents apparently keep a supply of the darn things in a pocket dimension to deploy whenever convenient.

But whatever. What’s done is done and we should get back to the RP.

1 Like

Not my point.

There were a number of ways you could have responded to your character being shot in the head at close range by a fire bolt. Superficial damage, large amounts of scarring on the side of the head, intense tissue damage, shrapnel metal flying off the exposed wound, a minor fracture, seizures caused by the laceration of tissue on the brain, delirium, amnesia, loss of vision, an intense fracture, slipping into a coma, deep bleeding on the brain, immediate hospice, immediate hospitalization, death.

Instead you went with none of these options, all mostly reasonable outcomes of the situation, going instead for ‘Don’t you dare touch my character’. Now I’m not trying to force you into a corner to better behave and to get your lunch money, but I hope that you’ll learn from this.

2 Likes

Wikipedia?
And I just: I didn’t had the time! Those NO NO NO s were the only things I could write!

1 Like

There were still a thousand better things you could’ve said and done in that time.

Regardless, what’s done is done. Let’s learn from this kerfuffle instead of finding reasons to despise each other.

1 Like

Yes indeed. Let’s all take something from this, put it to bed, and get back to pretending to be magical cyborgs.

1 Like

If you need time take it. It’s a bit of a shame that TTV is so rapid fire, but I’m sure people wouldn’t complain if they had to wait a bit for a well thought out and logical response.

5 Likes

No, I mean, I really had no time. I had to go. It was midnight.

Chromeharpoon weeps for joy as he sees civil discussion taking place.

2 Likes

I agree with most of what you have to say, but this:

Now, it isn’t stated in the main rules, but I did ask Runa about this in the OOC PM, and this was the conversation.

It makes sense that you wouldn’t think to look through the whole OOC PM, I just thought I’d correct you on that one thing, aside from that, I agree. :slight_smile: