One year!

No, this isn’t my TTVersery. (Or however it’s spelled.)
This is a celebration of one straight year of consistent drawing as a semi-serious hobby.
Last year, my freshman year in highschool, I began to draw because I would have literal hours of free time in school between classes, and after I finish my homework I would be bored.
And almost exactly a year has passed, and I’m still drawing.
And boy, have I improved.
Let’s get started.

This was one of my very first drawings, copied from a Transformers comic. I was A. not great at 3D perspective and B. not great at taking pictures. As is evident.

This was my very first colored and finished drawing, Optimus Prime. It was my first time doing kibble and greebling, as well as the pose. I used a fine pen to color it in, which was a mistake. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here we have Rodumus, which was one of my first in actual pen. I spent a good 2 hours on this, and it showed. This was pretty much the beginning of my average/not horrible stretch.

This was my very first drawing in a real sketchbook. Not much to say here.

Then we go to a more detailed Transformer, Brawl. And I made the mistake of coloring around it with pencil. :expressionless:

Then we got this, which was one of my first really good attempts at a realistic pose/shading combo.

Then this, which was quite good.

This is arguably one of my best drawings to date. I’ve half a mind to draw him again and do him in marker instead of colored pencil.

(Just posted this but I edited it.)
And here’s my most recent drawing. I’m close to the point where I can churn out a medium/small drawing and pen it in about an hour or two, and have it turn out pretty good.
And now for honorable mentions.
@decepticonaiden ,who gave me a ton of useful help, tips, and links to equipment early on. Eventually, I was able to go off on my own, but I wouldn’t be here today.
@MaxinePrimal @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @Toa_Vladin For always being willing to see my WIPs and half-finished drawings. You guys kept me going when I was stuck.
@Bramsley , who’s been giving me advice lately for more complicated things.
@Jcton , who I’ve been discussing artwork a lot with on Discord lately, and who’s been feeding me ideas and tips for a solid few weeks now.
@Sabretooth
And that’s pretty much it!
Thank you all so much for putting up with this. And have a cookie if you actually read all this. :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

Can I have half of one for skimming?

1 Like

You can get a whole one.:cookie:

2 Likes

Keep up the good work, you’ve definitely improved a ton!

1 Like

gasp
I forgot you!

And thanks

Nice work, and great reflection. You’ve got a good variety there.

1 Like

Thank you!

These all look amazing, dude! Especially some of the later stuff. I really like cricket! I hope your next year goes just as well! Keep it up

1 Like

I knew someone had raided my cookie jar! I found you, culprit!

Congrats! Keep it up, drawing is the best pastime.

1 Like

hey, its cricket! (yes I read WoF)
nice job on these!

1 Like