Oomatu Art: The Razer Tundra and Village of the Precipus

The Razer Tundra.

The Village of the Precipus, tucked away in the slopes of Mt. Ihu.

73 Likes

You never cease to amaze, Oomatu!

Another stunning piece! I really like how you are continuing to put more and more detail into each one!

3 Likes

Very stunning. I love the inclusion of details like the towers and the red flags, though Precipus is perhaps the biggest draw here. The decision to have them built from sticks rather than ice makes them all the more visually appealing.

1 Like

I considered Ice at first. Between the cast wanting a Nordic architecture, and the fatct that Frozen exists, I moved away from the concept.

4 Likes

Dang it! Why do you make such awesome artwork!?

Because MRG is supported by viewers like you… Thank you

5 Likes

(insert statement about the awesome art)

You never cease to amaze.

Awesome as usual. Really liking the architecture.

HOLY ICE

That’s pretty warm. I don’t like Kopaka’s pose though, he looks a little too surprised.

I would say he looks more impressed. Not sure how surprised he can look without seeing his face.

1 Like

It looks great.

Maybe I am too 40k but it feels really small.
I guess it is just me. These are amazing.

Phenomenal work as always.

nice.

like i have said before on a different topic with your art Oomatu, when ever i see this art i really would like to see someone make a game of this. Because its just so good, there is so much creativity here.

1 Like

The art is absolutely fantastic(as always), but the actual design of the village begs a pretty major question-

Where do they grow all of that thatch and wood for the buildings? I don’t imagine they’d be able to just tend to a farm/orchard in that kind of climate…

Perhaps Artahka actually undergoes seasonal shifts, and there’s a summer wherein the tundra thaws?

Actually, I had already thought of this. The villages in the tundras would have almost year round access to building materials, as well as the means to import martials from the jungle. The villagers higher in the mountains are not self sustained, relying heavily on the trade routes that weave the slopes.

5 Likes

Best part of coming back after three days of not being on the boards: New Oomatu art!

1 Like

These look amazing, love this art!

1 Like

Another beautiful piece, why am I not surprised? :smiley:

So, the tundra is owned by my self-MOC? XD

Old version and no, he’s a Toa of lightning, not ice

1 Like