chants

Oomatu! Oomatu! Oomatu!

Beautiful art as always.

3 Likes

Dang, that’s a terrific piece of art.

2 Likes

Holy cow, dude. That’s awesome.

2 Likes

This really fits the sort of Eldrich abomination Tren Krom was envisioned to be. The imposing size, paired with the serrated teeth, cement him as former ruler of the MU very well.

1 Like

10/10, it has a beard.

1 Like

Actually my new tablet background!

2 Likes

New kaiju for Pacific Rim uprising? :v

1 Like

here is a new drawing of Tren Krom i commissioned Oomatu to draw:

and here is a textless version:

12 Likes

I had to do this.

4 Likes

After reading the description of the original Tren Krom, I can’t say I like this new interpretation. The fact that it matches the ocean kinda diminishes the alien-ness of it. As a subtle nod to G1, I kinda wonder what it would look like if you gave it some visible, red veins.

But still, it is amazing.

That gets into the whole debate the cast has been having. Where’s the line for how much of a G1 character is needed. This line changes based on the character and what role they had. Also if said role really plays a part in the new story. If it doesn’t, then keeping certain aspects (like the alien-ness) isn’t really important.

I was kinda expecting this response to begin with. I would agree that Tren Krom didn’t have much to the story, especially since he’s a specimen on Bara Magna, so you have a point about not necessarily making him red. But I still think the color scheme could be improved, because right now it just kinda comes off as unintentional camouflage. But going back to the Apotheosis story, there’s the line about the water deity never allowing something like Tren Krom to exist. A distinct color scheme would help communicate that. Doesn’t have to be red, but just something else would be interesting. You could try neon green, to go with the Mask of Control.

@Oomatu, if you’re reading, I know this is kind of a slap in the face to how much you’ve worked on this piece.

Thanks for the feedback. As always, constructive criticism is the only way to get better, I welcome it! The color of Tren Krom in this picture is a bright turquoise/lime, however the atmospheric displacement of the water mutes this color. His true color is best seen in the bottom left of the picture.

3 Likes