Opinion on a Bionicle G1/G2 Connection?

Before G2 was cancelled, there was a lot of fan speculation about G2 being connected to G1 via the Mask of Time. I always dismissed these, as I wasn’t fond of the idea, but I was just curious as to how you would feel about a connection between the two universes, since you were so involved in G1?

By the way it’s amazing to have you here :gregf:

6 Likes

All I can tell you is that during the very brief time I was going to G2 meetings, I was told that there was no connection between the two. Whether that changed somewhere along the line, I do not know, but if it did, nothing was ever said about it to me.

17 Likes

I have a feeling this is going to shut down a LOT of questions people were going to ask.

2 Likes

Oh, it did.

I’d say the mask of time being in the story and “connecting” the two was just an easter egg thrown in by the writer that lego ran with.

1 Like

On the subject, if it did change, how would you feel about g1 being continued without you having a say in it?

It’s the breaks of the game. You’re not guaranteed anything in this line of work and nobody is obligated to use you. You know, if you write a movie script, odds are the studio is going to have it rewritten two or three times by other writers before it gets filmed. That’s just life as a writer.