Order of Mata Nui Files #33: Tomidas, The Cursed Great Being

← Previous OoMN Files --------------- Next OoMN Files →

This is the last one for now! Apologies for blowing up the message boards!

MOC Instructions & More: https://bit.ly/3oiA0k1
How to Build: Coming Soon™!
MOC Review: Coming Soon™!

Slideshow w/ Theme Music:

Bio:
Name: Tomidas
Species: Great Being
Element: Life, Desire
Kanohi: Reforged Garai, Mask of Gravity
Affiliation: None
Titles: Great Being
Personality: Partially insane, wise, prefers ruling over others, isn’t very good at listening
Fighting Style: Well rounded in both melee and ranged combat
Abilities: All Great Being abilities, capable of bringing inanimate objects to life, capable of reading a sentient being’s truest desires
Equipment: Sword, alternate-universe Mask of Life

More shots of the MOC!

← Previous OoMN Files --------------- Next OoMN Files →

40 Likes

This sounds intriguing. Any powers different from the main timeline? No sentience?

His Garai looks incredible.

1 Like

Those teeth man.

1 Like

Gotta say, that mask on top of the Piraka skull is very cool…

3 Likes

Just as one of my very old posts that was somehow brought back ibto my attention said…

I love your mocs. All of them are just awesome, extremely well built, nicely textured, etc. Their only problems is that the proportions can be a little unbalanced at times.
Key word: little.
A stop motion of this would look biblical.
How much does it take you to make one of them?

2 Likes

He looks cool… but his teeth look very out of place

1 Like

The backstory for this Ignika goes all the way back to Prologue 1 of Knight of Nights (My fan-story). In it, an alternate-universe Vezon and Fenrakk are teleported into the main Bionicle Universe and killed off. The remaining Ignika was then collected and hidden away by the Hand of Artakha. Since the Ignika from that universe was missing, Mata Nui had to have died in that universe and the Mask of Life basically had turned into a Mask of Death. The reason Angonce gives it to Tomidas is to cancel out the curse of the Main-Universe mask of life that makes everything he touches turn to life. He fuses the Mask to his armor and it allows him to basically activate the curse at will and manipulate life energy somewhat.

It typically takes me about a month or so to build one from nothing, and a month to finalize it before I post it. The planning phase for each MOC is even longer, as these are also characters that have a role in my story. Parts-wise, it varies from MOC to MOC.

3 Likes

How bad is his posing? it looks like he can’t really bend his arms up nor can he bend his legs that well… I have this problem with some of my more detailed mocs such as my kahlmar moc, which is the “final” version of my Makuta recator/Osore/Icidax moc.

His shoulders are double-jointed and his neck is like triple jointed. His worst articulation point are his knees which have a somewhat unstable connection, but the can bend 90-degrees.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty good! Can’t wait for the how to build!

1 Like