People misspelling Bionicle

We’ve got a topic for people building Bionicle sets incorrectly. We’ve got a topic for people posing Bionicle sets weirdly. So how about a topic for people misspelling Bionicle?
This can be the name “Bionicle” itself, characters, locations, just any Bionicle-specific words. I’ll start.

Gathered friends, listen to our legend of the bernickel:

7 Likes

There was a FB listing for “Cahook & Gahook” that I had been eyeballing for a while. After it sold, a new listing one state south popped up, selling Gahook alone

6 Likes

Doesn’t look like a bootleg set to me.
This is an official bionlcie set.

Funny how they just spell protector horribly wrong rather than replacing the word entirely

8 Likes

Throughout my time on eBay I’ve come across

• Bionical
  • Bioncle
  • Bionacle
  • Bonicle
  • Bionclie
  • Bionic Leg (presumably an autocorrect error)
  • Bionics

Also Metru Nui as “Metro Nut”

7 Likes

Well, here’s a bunch. Most found on a local version of eBay (Kleinanzeigen).

Who’s your favorite inhabitant of Metru Nuf? I like Zaoakh the most!

screw that, eisblau is my new favorite bionicle

Yo yo, Pirana

This one’s painful (title and description of the same listing):

And would you look at that, we’re back on Metru Nut. I also like how the guy mentioned that it’s “Lego Style”… Whatever that means.

@Wekua that’s a surprisingly common mistake. Googling for Cahook and Gahook brings up quite a lot of results.

But looking at the instructions, I can kinda see why. The D and O do look relatively similar.

4 Likes

Until a few years ago, I thought that that was the correct spelling. The font needs some way to tell the “d” and “o” apart at a distance.

4 Likes

Yeah I came to the same conclusion. I’m sure half these folks are just hurriedly listing more inventory for their store, why would they assume the font is goofy, right? I’ll bet that’s why ‘Tarouk’ and ‘Zaoahk’ happened as well.

I’m struggling to identify this one lol

4 Likes

“Eisblau” is just the german word for “ice blue”, I don’t think it’s supposed to be a name. They did have Kohrak Kal on the photos, but with his canister (featuring the name on it) so I have no idea why they didn’t just list that name, like they did with all the others.

And yeah, that’s certainly how Tarouk and Zaoakh happened. I’ve also twice seen a “Toa Matali”, which comes from the same problem: the U is designed in a way that it could be a LI on first glance.

And back on topic, this thing from reddit

5 Likes

That would be a good name for a custom character, tbh.

4 Likes

Boxer… Boraks… Bionicles… ouch

(from an Australian 2002 toy catalog)

7 Likes