Phase Dragon and Husi - Revamps

Hello everyone! Someone came buying pieces off me again and I took the time and effort to make 2 new revamps!: Phase Dragon and the Husi.

HUSI REVAMP

Since the Husi is an Ostrich inspired rahi, I wanted a fat body with a bit of fluffyness. I also made the beak longer because it looks better to me.

POSTER SHOT

Standing up

Hiding his beak and head on the ground (Sort of)

Ready to run

Side Photo with details

PHASE DRAGON

I focused on the many teeth the original creation had while making it sort of a gliding dragon with no movable wings. I used red-yellowish colors and a green palette to make it look good while also covering many open spots with black.

POSTER SHOT

Helicopter view

Side view

Head view

Back view

Sitting pose

Thanks for watching this thread! Hope you enjoyed my revamps!

11 Likes

Husi:

It looks more of a Stalking Bird than a Ostrich due to the long beak.

The yellow and orange color sticks out rather badly, the dark red does represent feather coverage decently, and npu of the Mata-Torso-

Phase Dragon:

The color is more botched than Husi…

Upper view make this thing looks finish ,but no so much everywhere else, the head is awkward with the with the rubber wrapping and eye placement, I would suggest adjust some of the blades/wing placement and color distribution.

3 Likes

Phase Dragon could use cleaning up imo but the Husi looks pretty good

2 Likes

Husi looks like a kiwi

2 Likes

Sadly I had a severe piece crunch with both mocs. I will need some piece shopping after this because of simply how much of a lack of pieces I have.

I was thinking about removing the long beak off the Husi but it looks extremely weird like that. I also imagine my Husi using the elongated beak to dig easily through the dirt and make the iconic head burrowing action Ostriches do.

About the Phase Dragon… Yeah. It looks pretty unfinished. But once you pick it up it looks bulkier from all sides. It’s amazing considering the original model has almost no legs and a giant head combined with an assortment of features that would crumble from just looking at it. The usage of the more friction putting CCBS was necessary so I could keep short and not very strong legs alongside a super bulky body. The wings are more like rotors to me since the original Phase Dragon has very short wingspan and it honestly looks like it would not use them as wings but as individual rotors. And finally. The head string on the head is an homage to the rubber bands used to hold the eyes in the original model. This time is to hold the fire instead.

TL;DR: My revamps are not supposed to be the prettiest. But I try to make them unique and different from one another while retaining most of the quirks the original model had.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I agree on most of it but I had my reasons to make the creations look as they do now. And yeah. The Husi does seem like a Kiwi haha

The Husi looks pretty good. The phase dragon is extremely messy. Also the wire you used to hold the jaw together looks terrible. I would recommend using rubber bands in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I don’t find the Dragon Messy, but the wire does look bad. I think I used a too big one.