Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

How can you know that it wasn’t because of Toys’r’us overstocking items? Obviousley if you heard the news Toys’r’us has financial issues and their sales are doing poorly. + Toys’r’us did file for bankrupcy not long ago Then why does Toys’r’us file for bankrupcy? Well because they are not making a profit this is most likely related to Toys’r’us having higher prices in comparison to other stores meaning that people will choose the store that sells the item cheaper resulting in Toys’r’us loosing sales. Another factor completely would be online marketplaces this is because people rather buy stuff online than going to the store just to find the item they want is not in stores. The online prices may also be cheaper than Toys’r’us and it will come directly to their doorstep. So my conclusion is that items were probably overstocked and prices too high given this information we can gather that consumers rather purchase the item elsewhere since Toys’r’us is not the cheapest alternative. So next time anyone refers to the skull villain promotions consider this is the promotion exclusive to Toys’r’us or does it exist elsewhere before singling out one companies lack of sales.Just so you know I’m not mad at anyone. I just wanted to bring it out there. :innocent:

When it comes to the leaks I think a new ip could be great for LEGO.

2 Likes

I would gladly welcome a new constraction theme, but I really am not gonna get my hopes up at all, mainly because I need to see more to believe it

4 Likes

I want this to be true
But I’m afraid to hope

However, if it is true…

Yes please
This or something completely new

4 Likes

I’m still unsure as to whether or not any of this is legit, but I’m going to offer what I said over on EB: I’d give this an approximate 40% chance of being legitimate. Riight off the bat, there’s some detail there; sadly, the gravity isn’t. Sure, the guy might not be a constraction fan, but as it is, the hypothetical theme doesn’t sound too thrilling. I’ll be waiting, as always.

4 Likes

Yes.
YES.
YES.

Let’s see the rest of the leak information.

1. Nexo Knights ending. Makes sense, it’s new wave looks a lot lackluster like it would be the last one. And if it ends, Lego will need a new “digital based” theme with scanning feature which semms like to be this new constraction theme.
  2. Unikitty Sets. Pretty much confirmed.
  3. Harry Potter sets. We have many rumors about that one too.

And there is the fact that the guy who posted the leak, seemed very careful like he really didn’t want to risk the job of the guy who has the catalog.

So I stay with the 51% chance for a new constraction line IP.

Ps. Here we go again, going through over 80 posts after one day. XD Seems like you all formed some sort of hype along with hope for a new constraction line, which is good. Keep it up. We know Lego usually surprises us with themes we wouldn’t guess on our own. I just really hope it will be something new and creative.

6 Likes

I think the sets were part of it too. Some were really cool, like the toa sets. But the skull villains were pretty awful. As well as the creatures. Both are still warning the shelves of several Toys r us stores near me. I think if this new rumor is true, LEGO should up their quality with villain sets especially. Maybe they should take their own advice from HF instead of G2. I thought the HF Villains were really cool.

5 Likes

I’d like this to be true, but I do have a lot of doubts. Don’t what kind of approach they would take if they’re ere to do this. Any ideas for themes? (Gonna hope this wasn’t already discussed)

3 Likes

I’d love to see CCBS Transformers, that seems like a 99% chance that it would never happen though.

when i think about it, while slizers did not have much of an actual story, there were lots of ideas that one could find with the characters and disks. Like for example, Jet/Judge was one of the evil slizers, but also he lived in the dome area of the planet. In his level 6 disk, he was never shown having a monster compared to the other slizers, and in addition, he was the only one with a level 8 disk, one which also showed of the Slizer planet.

Basicly this all would make Jet/Judge out to be the main villain of slizer, and possibly the ruler of the planet.

seriously, check them out, there are many ideas for what Slizer could be like if the story had more meat on it.

7 Likes

You pretty much described the same hints we got from the leaks. It must mean something. Slizers 2018!

2 Likes

We got 2015 leaks this early. And 2016 leaks earlier than that.

Also I’m really scared of replying any more in this topic

3 Likes

Here’s hoping for Galidor G2!

In all seriousness, I’m excited for a new original IP. I hope it stays around for longer than 3 years, just so we have more evergreen themes besides Ninjago, Friends, and City that aren’t licensed themes.

1 Like

i find this highly unlikely

1. it’s for summer 2018, when we haven’t even finished getting leaks for winter 2018

2. there’s no name provided, and it would be hard to miss on any type of promotional material

don’t get your hopes up guys
just pray that lego does something similar to this in the future

7 Likes

Uh, it’s October 2017…?
2018 is quite literally less than three months away, and, depending on the retailer, some of next year’s sets are probably going to be put out on shelves early for the holiday season. Given that the first leaks for Bionicle G2 (originally a 2015 winter wave) popped up somewhere around July 2014, and that this leak in particular is for the 2018 summer wave, I’d say we actually got this right on time.
Also, for all you Galidor fans out there, I hate to break it to you, but your line was a licensed theme. That means the toys won’t be coming back unless the show comes back first. And frankly, that doesn’t look like it’s happening anytime soon.

3 Likes

eh… its a bit hard to say.

While Galidor in a way was a licensed theme… you have to remember that the show was funded by LEGO. So…

2 Likes

the “leak” is for summer 2018

so no

not in 3 months

the original leaks for g2 were incredibly early, and iirc leaks hadn’t ever happened that early before

usually winter leaks start appearing sept-oct

so you would be correct

if this leak claimed they were coming out this winter

6 Likes

This is the very key part I think everyone should pay close attention too

4 Likes

so just to clarify, the information about the leaked summer sets came from 4chan?

Indeed the did

1 Like

can anyone find out if they can contact the guy who has the catalog so he can tell us what colours the sets are? I want to know if they’ll have any new colours

I’m thirsty for leaks!

1 Like