Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

So what if it happened again, tho.

2 Likes

Providing funding =/= complete ownership of a brand.
Lego only acquired the merchandising rights to Galidor; that means they can only make toys based off of the line, not continue or reboot the actual story itself.

Noticed that after the original post.
Hence the doctoring to make it more of an example.

That’s the thing about leaks, though; they’re leaks. Until sets actually arrive, we have no way to tell what information is real or not, whether current or outdated. And unfortunately, timing is a big part of that as well; something that’s true today might not necessarily stay that way tomorrow.
For all we know, this could all be some sort of an elaborate ruse set up by Lego in order to narrow down the individuals supplying the community with said information, and the whole story itself could be fake. Again, it’s best to take this with a grain of salt until something officially happens.

3 Likes

If these leaks end up being fake I’m gonna be very angry! I really want a new constraction line and the fact that it’s gonna have a cartoon series is very good news

so the scannable piece are going to be on the ccbs shells or is it going to be on their weapons or masks? Also if they use masks do they use the same kind of heads they used in g2?

can someone please post a link to the section of 4chan where this information was revealed?

is anyone able to get in contact with the guy who has the catalog?! I really want to know more information, more importantly hat’s the name of this new theme?

See, you’re referring to visual information. We got the names of most of the 2016 Summer wave of G2 back in November or so of 2015.

so why didn’t the guy with the catalog say the name of this new theme, I really want to know what this theme’s about when it comes to colours, new pieces and builds/piece counts

1 Like

We can’t link directly to 4chan, sorry;.(I don’t actually know this for a fact, but I’m relatively confident in assuming this one) However, the information can be conveyed pretty easily if need be. :slight_smile:

He’s likely either a liar or concerned about alerting TLG. Both remain very real possibilites.

The fellow may be contactable -in addition, I’ve heard this sort of thing from other places. I’m giving a few tries a fair shot.

1 Like

so do you know anyone who can contact the guy with the catalog so we can ask him some question? I really want to know at least the name of this new theme

Hey Teal - I’m sorry, but I’ve told you as much as I can.

ok then, but I really can’t believe the guy wouldn’t even say the name of the theme.

4chan holds the key to start the engine of the hype train!

Just going to reiterate this real quick for y’all…

I’d love to be hyped and overall thrilled for the idea of a new CCBS theme in mid 2018. However, there is zero hard evidence as of this writing. We’re free to speculate; it remains crucial, however, that we don’t assume that a theme is deserved or that a line will be arriving as a foregone conclusion. We’re very lucky.

4 Likes

I really can’t wait to find out this theme’s name! I want to know if this is going to be a throwbots reboot

It won’t be; sorry. :slight_smile:

why not?

It’s pretty much guaranteed to not be a “ThrowBots” reboot because such a line would be a very risky idea. Any reboot will be attempting to capitalize off of previous interest in the line, and there simply isn’t enough of that. As of 2000, there was pretty much zero hard, undisputed ThrowBots “lore”, and any fans have significantly thinned out over the past decade and a half. TLG might create a new theme in a similar style, however - I feel like many of us would appreciate that from an artistic and thematic perspective.

3 Likes

I just thought about how funny it would be if this supposed constraction theme was actually a theme for girls. Like if they decided to hop on the bandwagon of dolls, like DC Superhero girls.

2 Likes

so why does this theme have exactly 8 small sized sets? throwbots had 8 medium sized sets in it’s first wave

I’d like that. There are not an infinite number of, well, numbers, y’know. :slight_smile:

The reboot of the Bionicle franchise was incredibly bizarre and commercially strange - if the odds were one in one hundred in late 2013, they’re one in ten thousand now.

2 Likes

since this theme is technology based, do you think it’ll be more like nexo knights and hero factory where they’re all just robots or do you think they’ll have some organic and element based aesthetics/aspects?

4chan hasn’t updated yet! why!?

G3 was already confirmed during Christmas of 2016. I saw it while was shopping last year:

11 Likes

The folks over on /toy/ may or may not update, ever. It’s just how it is.

So, I can be a little bit more confident now in saying that the odds of this “leak” being legitimate are significantly better than 40% or so. While I’ll avoid delving into any specifics, I’ve heard rumors that line up with the brief post by that anonymous fellow on the board, and the sources that I’m hearing from are decidedly more legitimate. No more detail will be offered for now, but I hope that y’all can get excited if you so desire. I suspect that we will hear more in the coming months.

EDIT: Following a little additional research, I am once again very, very skeptical. Let’s take it all with a grain of salt.

2 Likes