Power Mining Drone

38 Likes

Nice little Power Miners MOC! I never thought about how well CCBS could work for this theme. And great use of the Hero Factory 2.0 skullcap piece.

Have you got any pieces you could use to cover up the end of the drill? Also, how about adding some type of eye piece to give it a bit more character.

2 Likes

What color do you think would work for the eye?

Green or blue (which are on the opposite side of the colour wheel from orange) should work well.

1 Like

This is actually quite nice. I like the piece used for the head

1 Like

He is very adorable. I love the Power Miners color scheme, too.

1 Like

I love the aesthetic, but there is usually white included in the color scheme, maybe try making the thigh armor shells white.

2 Likes

Power Miners didn’t have any white in the color scheme though…

1 Like

@legomaster1378 how does this look?

Good, but the blue doesn’t work as well as I had hoped. Since there’s no light piping, it winds up seeming pretty dark. When you look at the Power Miners sets, they mostly seem to use big external spotlights with black casings and trans-white “bulbs”. How about attempting something along those lines?

1 Like

1 Like

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who used the Ryo mech piece from Hero Factory as a head for a MOC. That is a surprisingly versatile piece that sadly doesn’t see much use in MOCs. Glad to see it got love here.

1 Like