Questionable Bionicle/Lego pieces

Here is a topic where you can discuss pieces from Bionicle or any other lego themes that were questionable in terms of usage, appearance, colour, or were just downright terrible, like this piece.

Seriously though, why was it changed to red in 2007?! They were just fine being black before! Was there ever an official reason stating as to why Lego changed it?

14 Likes

hordika torsos and arms

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is 100% true, but I believe LEGO did this so that kids could build the sets easier, though also because kids would be able to locate them easier when searching through their LEGO bins/parts collections

5 Likes

I never owned any of the Hordika, and only now did I take a good, long look at the torso…

It actually looks pretty versatile, even more than the larger, clunkier Metru torsos…at least for my style of Moccing…

It’s like a slimmed down Inika torso without the balljoints…maybe the Inika torsos were based off of this!

Even on its own the piece looks pretty cool, reminiscent of the Mata torsos especially with the midsection with the exposed “spine” and pistons; giving the impression that there is waist articulation

@Stoax that’s what I thought too, but it’s strange that Lego decided to undergo this change so late in the game, as if they didn’t have this issue during 2006 and prior.

9 Likes

I think that red pins are okay. I like the accent they bring.

5 Likes

Inika head are expressionless :no_mouth: it has some mocing potential but very underused.

5 Likes

Fun fact, the item number for this piece is “bion009pb01”.

4 Likes

Vezon’s “mask”.

5 Likes

All those wacky, forgotten heaps of over-specific technic pieces.

6 Likes

Like the Bohrok bodies?

4 Likes

Like those awful things called “mata bodies” Bohrok bodies are easy to use…I think.

Bohrok bodies, yes, but also those pieces Like

And various others

19 Likes

I’ve never seen any of those pieces in my life. :neutral_face:

7 Likes

Well, I was going for the most outlandish pieces I could find. But I definitely have my share of unusable parts!

2 Likes

I have brown pieces of the one in the middle… I have no idea where they’re from…

1 Like

Yeah, those pieces were ones I never understood.

1 Like

Does research

Apparently it’s called a Technic Changeover Catch and is frequently used on huge technic sets.

It was used on the Muaka and Kane-Ra set surprisingly.

The brown version comes from only this set

10 Likes

You know, for as much crap as people give the Inika and Piraka build/torsos/pieces, at least they did allow for more MOCing versatility than some of the earlier body types. Although I guess it would just depend on the MOCer’s imagination.

Anyways, the weirdest piece that I can think of right now is the new armor clip-on piece that comes with the Skull Villains. You know the one I’m talking about, the hollow gunmetal bulge thing. It’s just so obnoxious, I can’t think of any creative uses for it.

5 Likes

It’s as if someone took this piece

And put it in a high-speed blender, resulting in this:

19 Likes

The Rubber Holder from the Bohrok. It’s not that there not somewhat useful, it’s that for the longest time I had no idea why it existed. Who else got these in their Bohrok and thought, What the heck are these for???

12 Likes