Rahkshi Mechanics?

Hi, Greg!
So a bunch of us on the site have been recently discussing how Rahkshi worked, apart from what we already know from canon, and recently, we’ve been circling our wagons on a few key points that you might be able to provide some additional clarification on.

1. Can a Kraata operate a suit of Rahkshi armor that is not of its own variation? We know that both have to be the same in order for it to be able to use its powers, but are they required to physically animate the suit? Do they have their own power source? Would the “controls” be universal to all Kraata, and could one escape from a potentially deadly scenario if its own was trashed beyond repair by hijacking another off of a deceased comrade?
  2. Are all Rahkshi staffs unique to a specific variation, or do they just reuse the same six we’ve seen in the sets, as evidenced with Guurahk and the Rahkshi of Heat Vision?
  3. Are their spine shapes unique to their breed, in general, or are they level-dependent, in which case, a suit made from a Level 1 would differ from a Level 2, etc.?
  4. How large is the gap in intelligence between a Shadow Kraata and Kraata-Kal? When stated to be superior in intellect to his average brethren, are we talking about those around or below Level 3 - 4 Kraata, or all Kraata in general?
  5. Could Shadow Leeches hypothetically be used to create a Rahkshi-like suit for other Shadow Leeches? Would said Shadow Leeches also be capable of “leveling up?” And are they even intelligent enough to control it and carry out orders, or would they simply just attempt to feed off of random light sources on instinct alone?

Thanks again for taking the time to read through this!

5 Likes

On question 1, no, a kraata has to be the same variation as the rahkshi suit to operate it. On question 3 I know the spines don’t depend on the level because your sets can have any level of kraata. I personally believe the spines are random. Turahk, Guurahk, Panrahk, Vorahk, Lerahk, and Kurahk sets represent the group of rahkshi Teridax sent to attack the toa nuva (they look different in the movie then everywhere else). The rahkshi of heat vision (Taxarahk) has a simple set of spikes for it represents hundreds of rahkshi on the battle field. And number 2, the weapons don’t come from the rahkshi, the creator has to give the rahkshi it’s weapon. And number 5, the shadow leech would have to be protected from the light by something, only letting a small abount of energized protodermis to mutate it but not enough to kill it. Sorry I don’t have an answer to 4. Number 5 is something I hope I answered correctly due to me making a MOC around this idea.

1. BS01 states that Rahkshi are normally made up of a suit and Kraata of the same variaition, and that it amplifies their already preexisting powers. Aside from not being able to move by itself (as in without another Kraata controlling it), this is pretty much the extent of our confirmed canon knowledge regarding their existence.
  2. Yes, the Makuta give staffs to the Rahkshi; this much we know. But the question was if they have 42 different designs or simply stick with six and hand them out at random.
  3. Unique/level-dependent as in the Kraata that transformed into the suits, not the ones controlling them.
  4. Was merely for confirmation anyway.
  5. Question was in regards to actual canon.