Rahkshi, The Three Brothers, Matoran and other ideas. [Pitch]

This pitch will contain the ideas I have for the Rahkshi and other ideas for the three brothers and the Matorans

Here are the Background ideas I have for the Rahkshi (Art commissioned by @Oomatu :

Lehrak: Lehrak’s main motivation is his crush on Vizuna. Wanting for her to notice him, he eventually was swayed into becoming a Rahkshi in the hopes of impressing her with his new powers at the cost of working with the Brotherhood.

Vorahk: A thirst for knowledge motivates Vorahk. This desire, however, ended up costing him a hard worked place as the next in line for leading the temple of Earth, as he in a moment of impatient tried to attack Whenua. After they banished him from the temple, Vorahk was taken in by the Brotherhood who promised him that Makuta, once resurrected, would grant him all the knowledge he desired.

Panrahk: Panrahk traveled with his son through out the desert to trade with the different tribes. However one day a band of bandits attack them and not only stranded them in the middle of nowhere but also severely injured Panrahk’s son. Hoping that someone would rescue them, he carried his son on his back and walked for what felt like miles. Until finally they were spotted and rescued, their rescuers were, however, members of the Brotherhood of Makuta. Pleading for them to save his son’s life, he promised that he would do anything they wanted. They agreed to the deal and then healed his son but told him that once they had reached a nearby village, he would have to leave his son and come with them so he could pay his debt. After explaining to his son about what he had promised, Panrahk then told him that he would always look after him and that one day, he would come back so they could be together again.

Guurahk: Guurahk was once one of the greatest swimmers on the island. However, he eventually started to slow down, not wanting to lose his reputation as the greatest swimmer in the isle, he began to cheat. As he grew slower, his cheating worsens, leading to him even releasing dangerous Tarakava into the course that almost cost people their lives. After this action, he was found out and thus kicked out of the village. Desperate in wanting to keep his title still, he traveled to the Brotherhood in the hopes that their forbidden knowledge could aid him. Seeing a useful pawn in him, they agreed that they would help him, but only if he supported them in resurrecting Makuta.

Kurahk: Once a name that people spoke in honor, Kurahk was the leading member of the Ice Kingdom’s royal guard. His actions brought him many praises and lots of pridefulness into his head. When he was tasked by the king to look after the two young princes, Izotor, and Matoro, he was confused why he had to do it. Finding the job too low for someone of his greatness, however, it was a task from the king himself and he thus had no other choice but to comply.

As the days went by, however, he started to dislike the young royals because of their childish actions. Said actions had lead to Kurahk looking silly to the rest of the kingdom, which only fueled his anger of them. One day he was driven over the edge and tried to have the two killed by showing the two out of a tower window. Luckily the rest of the royal guard had noticed Kurahk’s growing anger and had thus been keeping an eye on him so they could stop him in time. With this news, the King had Kurahk stripped of his status and kicked out of the kingdom. Swearing revenge on Izotor and Matoro for ruining his life, he sought out the Brotherhood and swore his loyalty to them.

Turahk: Turahk was originally an advisor of the fire kingdom counsel. Quite an intelligent fire matoran, he aided them on many occasions to iron out a law or treaty with the other tribes. However what no one knew, was that Turahk greatly believed in the teachings of Makuta, and thus had been secretly manipulating the council to take away the people’s freedom and thus make a “perfect society.” His plans were ruined however when a young matoran named Jaller, accidentally discovered his secret shrine to Makuta and after telling a member of the council who then had Turahk’s home investigated, he was then fired from his job and shunned by the rest of the kingdom for his beliefs. Turahk later left to join a group of like-minded matorans, who, when learning of how he manipulated the council, made him the leader of the Rahkshi. The ones foretold to bring fort Makuta’s resurrection.

Plus there is this other idea I have of the Matorans not originally being meant to survive for as long as they have. With Makuta, Ekimu and Karzahni initially having created them with a fail safe that would cause the Matorans to be unable to continue their existence and thus eventually be long dead by the time the three brothers return to life.

And yes I said return to life as in that of this idea, the three brothers are not dead, but in some form of regeneration wherein, they would after say 100,000 years return to life, while the Matorans would die off after 50,000 years or so. When the Toa uses the Mask of time, instead of moving a part of the island that Makuta was in, they instead cause it to go forward in time to the event that Makuta would have naturally revived.

It would also be the explanation for why Makuta’s body is smaller and weaker than normal because he was not moved backward in time to the point where he was alive but advanced to the point where he is fully regenerated.

25 Likes

Lehrak: Notice me Vizuna

9 Likes

here is another idea i originally posted in the main G3 lore topic.

Because of the Rahkshi’s evil, they end up corrupting the masks, which not only lead to the island being frozen in time, but that each fragment then started to corrupt the island:

(again, art by Oomatu:)

Stone

##Fire

##Ice

##Air

##Water

##Earth

I would just like to ask you @Mesonak what you think of some of these ideas.

3 Likes

Wow, Panrahk’s pitch is heartbreaking. I think the only way you could make it even more of a punch in the gut is if you went down a route of he ends up being able to bring his son back…but only an illusion of what he was like when he was still alive. Panrahk’s hope could be to awaken his son in a more permanent capacity. Perhaps his illusion powers give him limited shapeshifting abilities, usually choosing to use his original form to blend in during recon for the Brotherhood.

1 Like

when i wrote Panrahk’s backstory, i wanted to make the character more sympathetic rather than having him be almost pure evil. Infact i wanted to make the Rahkshi be more like people who had the possibility of redemption.

the fact that you bring up the more tragic path of Panrahk losing his son is interesting, because something i was thinking of was that Panrahk’s character could, in his moment of redemtion, sacrifice himself in an attempt to fix the damaged his work with the Brotherhood had caused. This idea also had Panrahk’s son die possibly durring the civil war.

I kinda though about Panrahk’s death while watching this scene:

I wholeheartedly subscribe to the notion of Panrahk being a Rahkshi with a tragic element to his backstory. A recurring theme I’d imagine for the Rahkshi is that they are all people who could have a chance for redemption, but Norik manipulates the other five to serve his own ends in one for or another.

1 Like

i also thought on Vorahk having a somewhat tragic backstory in that he threw away all that he had worked so hard for because he became blinded by his hunger for more knowledge, and thus regrets his actions, but it’s not made apparent in my writing.

Also, a more recent idea i came up with for his backstory is that Whenua is Bomonga/Vorahk’s father. So there is also some shame in his regrets too.

By the way, the kid that Panrahk is watching in this Oomatu drawing, is suppost to be his son, which is why the kid has a bandages around his leg.